• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

where to find large water containers

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I checked mine, the part number is SP0055-MM. There are lots of options for you to pick from, I went with square tanks to fit my space.

Ruralking.com has great prices on fluid containers; just don’t have the 40 gallon in stock I want anymore

This is my setup. Top is RODI water, bottom is salt. I let gravity feed the salt, about every 2 weeks and then I just refill the RODI. Both are 65 gallons

How do you mix the saltwater the them? Any problems with salt build up in the nooks and crannies with those tanks?
I have two of them and that is my concerns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How do you mix the saltwater the them? Any problems with salt build up in the nooks and crannies with those tanks?
I have two of them and that is my concerns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Unless you are going to screw down the top of the salt one there will be salt creep, no way around it. Doesn't really matter to me at all, since it is in my garage. I make 65 gallons on the top of RODI, turn a valve, drain 60 gallons into the bottom via gravity, then add 30 cups of salt, turn on mixing pump and done. Very simple and takes little thought, lasts about 2 weeks.

I store the fresh water in the elevated 55s which I gravity drain to a rubbermaid tub to do the mix. I have the apex connected to each barrel and the brs RODI with a solenoid valve and optical eye for the high level shutoff. This is cheap to do, has worked flawless, and is easy to clean. If anyone needs the 2 food grade barrels I have 2. Make an offer for them. Lol