• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to find open Gas Stations?

Anyone know which gasoline stations are open in the Summit/Union Area? I waited 1 hour to get $30 worth this morning in at the Gulf on Main in Chatham.

I'm down to 10 gallons and many are closed.

I'm also going to retrofit my generator in the future for propane or natural gas. In reading Gasoline is by far the worse in times like this.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry, no idea on where to get gas in your area. But, retrofitting it for gas or propane sounds like a good idea if you can.

Good luck and hope everything works out.

Have heard there's a few open on rt22 in union Springfield area also know there's a couple open in Elizabeth on the south bound side around north ave. Hess and wawa on rt 9 Woodbridge lines are crazy and there's a few open in the cranford area on centennial ave

Toms river / Lakewood area of Toms River on 9 / 70 has multiple stations open but lines are hours long. Don't know how much of a supply they have. The best bet might be wawa on 70 and mass. ave as they just opened back up this am.

Thanks all. Some are a bit far to drive.
I found #njgas is being updated.

Just ordered my tri-fuel converter for the generator. No good this time but this won't be the last time.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You did better than me. I waited 2 hours on Rt. 22 near Bridgewater today. There is a Gulf station in Berkley Heights, across from the TD Bank that is open. I might try there next time. Some of the gas stations are doing gas cans only, and are not filling cars, I know of two like this.

Gonna try to hit up the Berkeley heights one tomorrow morning. Thanks. I'm down to 5 gallons. I will be shutting down at intervals tomorrow if gas continues to remain difficult to find.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I was able to fill up and only waited for 10 minutes on rt 130 in cranbury. I also was there before 7 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Passed three open ones on the way to work this morning, all had tremendous lines. I am up in Red Bank and they have power here. I am going to try and find some gas after work today, getting down for the generator.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Super wawa on hope chapel in Jackson and quick check on brewers bridge in Jackson are open

I just heard the gas station in madison got power back a few hours back, that is like 2 miles up the street from where you got gas in chatham

Toms river / Lakewood area of Toms River on 9 / 70 has multiple stations open but lines are hours long. Don't know how much of a supply they have. The best bet might be wawa on 70 and mass. ave as they just opened back up this am.

Right before the seaside bridge. Shell station was a 5 minute wait yesterday.

East Orange, NJ is pretty horrible as is RT 22 at the moment. I barely got a sliver of 1/4th of a tank in my car and I'm not chancing it to go out without any gas.

Gas is still available in and around Bordentown, Hamilton area. As well as up and down the turnpike. You will wait a while on the turnpike unless you come down to the service areas between exit 7& 7a. No lines there. Oh and no price gouging on the NJTP.

Edison rest stop southbound only between exit 11 and 12. Long lines but fuel to be had at 3.59
Regular.

Nj turnpike.

Gonna check Costco tomorrow if I run out.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mixed reports that the state is going to odd/even gas tomorrow at noon

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2