• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to get a sump made

I have the new marineland 93 gallon cube tank. It is 30x30x25. I need help, i have no idea where to get a sump made or where to buy a decent one. Thanks

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I stumbled upon this website when researching sumps a while ago. --> Marc's Hidden Treasure

He has lots of ideas on how to design sumps, many different "standard" models, and will custom make one for you if need be. I never bought one there, so don't know about pricing, etc. But if nothing else, this site will help you figure out exactly what you want out of a sump.

When there, click on the "Site Map" button and then just browse thru all the wonderful creations he has made.

glasscages.com makes some pretty inexpensive tanks. I had a 2'x 2'x 16" acrylic cube frag tank made for me 6 years ago and it cost me $115 which included shipping. I don't see why they can't make a sump for you at about roughly the same price. Although the frag tank had some questionable workmanship, it held water 100%. It's a sump after all and will be out of sight.

if you fancy yourself a handyman or woman, you could make one yourself.

I have a 90 gallon that I made a 30 gallon sump. Just bought a cheap 30 gallon long off of craigslist, went to lowes and had them cut 4 partitions out of 3/8" plexi. Total cost was about 45 bucks.

you can make one yourself if you want, its not that hard, ive done a few myself. just get a tank, and go to home depot and get some plexi, 14 bucks for one piece(thats all i needed) with a good thickness to it, and then cut it with a razorblade or you could have them cut it for a few bucks, and then i drilled holes into the plexi for the water to move from one chamber to the next. and then just stick the plexi glass where you want it and use silicone and let it dry and your good to go

Marc's website has a lot of plans and ideas to help you DIY your own fuge. I have built several using store baught tanks and having a local glass shop cut panels for me that fit perfectly. You just need to find a tank that will fit under your stand.