• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to get water for new Tank

I'm setting up a new BC29 tank and would like to know if anyone uses tap water or RO/DI or maybe Distilled from Walmart. I am in Cranford (Union County) if that makes any difference... I don't know if I want to invest in a RO/DI unit just yet, so does anyone have any advice on where to buy water?

BTW - I will start out FOWLR but want to keep my options open to move into corals.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Most LFS sell water, either fresh or salted. I'd go with one of those over tap...

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
there is a Local fish store in Clark called Animal Crackers that used to have an RO unit. Thats where I used to get mine. when I lived in Clark. But now I only work there.

Thanks, called Animal Crackers and they have RO (only) and will let me have it for free if I bring my own container. Is it OK to use plain RO water or should I find RO/DI for that extra purity?

saltwater4life, what type of water do you buy at Sam's?

Thanks,

Ron

You can get RO water at Walmart for $0.80/gallon.

You can get Nutriwater Sea Water at the Shark Aquarium on Rt. 22 in Hillside for $12.99/box. Abt. 4 1/2 gallons per box.

If Animal crackers is close i would go there.
It's the same as bottle water but in 1g jugs. I finally sat down and figured out that if i get a RO/DI unit it'll pay for it's self pretty fast! and thats on my 20g ::)