• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where's my wrasse?

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This past weekend, I added two fish to my 55 gallon tank. A gold-headed sleeper goby and a red headed Solon fairy wrasses. Both went into hiding, but te goby has resurfaced. At least I know it's there because sand covers my corals everyday. Lol. The wrasse on te other hand has not been seen. Should I just wait it out or should I try something to coax it out? I have fed the tank several times since then. I will try shrimp with garlic today. Any advice?

Leave it alone. If you chase it out you will only scare it and make it hide even longer. He may be coming out at night to eat or as soon as there is movement outside the tank he may be darting into the sand. I had a melanarus wrasse dissapear for a week just because I rearanged the rock work.

falconut

NJRC Member
Is your tank covered? Is there anywhere that it could have jumped through if it is? I believe they are potential jumpers. If you haven't already, try and look on the floor around the tank. Are there any other fish that might be causing it to hide. It does take some fish a few weeks to adjust and come out in the DT. That's one of the reason I start them in a QT tank, so I know nothing's bothering them and they're eating in the beginning.

Check the overflow as well. Might even be in the plumbing on it's way to the sump if you have one. Like others have said though...might just be hiding out till it get's comfy.

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tank is covered. I check overflow daily, no sign. I'll leave it and be patient a while longer.