• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

White Band Disease?

I haven't tried SPS yet and decided to give it a shot. Bought a cheap frag from the store and knew in advance that it didn't look so hot. Figured it was cheap and it would be something nice to practice on. It's a small acro frag that has exposed skeleton. Is what I am seeing white band disease? Polyps are always extended and I haven't seen any additional loss in time I've had it (5 days or so). If it is WBD, what do I do about it?

DSC_0059.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It looks, for the most part, like it is dying from the bottom up. Typical STN. The one stalk that looks gray looks stable and like it probably won't lose any more flesh, but the one that looks whiter looks like it is on its way out yet. Even so, I'd be inclined to leave it. With my crash I saw a lot of SPS regrow the skeletin once it was happy again. So providing that didn't happen in your tank, and assuming you've got better flow and parameters, I'd say there's a good chance it will start to recover.