• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

white patch on my toadstool

my favorite toad stool is developing a white patch on it. is it something I should be worried about? The feeder tenticles are still out....

Pictures??

Does it look like mucous or fungus? Mucous happens from time to time. It may close up for a few days and shed.

Does the flesh still seem firm?

Give it a quick blast with a turkey baster.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would cut off at least one of the healthy sections of that toadstool to save it. I'm not sure it's going to survive that white patch.

From what I can see, I agree with Phyl.

Are those white patches as firm as the other areas, or are they soft and spongey?

When I had a problem with dark patches on a newly shipped yellow figi leather I should have cut a piece to save but I dont have a QT tank.

What I did was with the water I took out as part of a waterchange I placed the whole piece in the bucket with the old water. with 50% force I blew across and directly at it with a turkey baster. Pieces started flying. Glad I didnt do it in the tank. I had to toss it. :-[

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ya know... as I think about it, my toadstool got white patches on it like that when it started fragging itself. If that flesh is still firm leave it be. Can you see points elogating down from the fingers beyond the white (on the bottom) where it is trying to plant those fingers as it frags itself? It may have either had a stress event or decided that those fingers were too heavy and needed to drop off...

Hey Dan,

How is the Toadstool? I might be able to stop by and look at it later in the week and drop off your AWI order as well.