• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

who dosen't or more importantly, who does?

How do I find out which sponsers gives discounts to club members? I kind of feel a bit weird about asking, so sometimes I mention it, but I would rather know walking in. Do we have a list of who does and who doesn’t?

Bob

i would send a pm to them ahead of time. The places i deal with know who i am and I don't ever have to mention it and they mark it off for me.

Can you give me a hint on who u deal with and what the discount is?? I won't mention u/it,specifically but I would just like an idea. The one I heard is that OGII gives 15% - is that dry goods and live stock? OA has given me some discounts in the past but its hit or miss, and there pricing seems to be the lowest of the LFS anyway... it would be easier to know going in, who to frequent, and because i would fell less like a hoe... ;D

Bob

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We get discounts at Aquatic Obsession, OGII, Red Sand and Allquatics Tropiquarium (not a sponsor). We do NOT get a discount at THR. We may get a discount at the Aquarium Center, but I'm not sure (this is apparently subject to change based on who's behind the counter).

Thanx... Now its time for the southern LFS crawl... Aqua Oceans, Tropiquarium, Reefs to Reptiles ... any others that-a-way??

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mfisher2112 said:
Aquarium Center depends on who's there and what mood theyre in.

If you "join their club", which is nothing more than having them put you in their computer, Then show them your card and they will mark it as a club member and you will 10% on most items (except salt or sale). When you checkout, you give them your phone number and they look you up.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Trop used to keep it in their computer. Do they not do that anymore? Are you sure you didn't get the discount? Once they had your expiration date you only needed to let them know when you renewed...

Nope I asked if they(Trop) gave it and the owner(I think) said nadda....actually was a bit rude about it honestly. Something like you can put that away it is worthless here. I bought 4 tanks there and fair amount of stuff .... but now that I know some of the other stores I have decided to swear off going there for anything other then an emergency.

I sort of like the fact that in 2 years the guys at OGII and AO know me by name and my tank. While the guys at Trop where I went for 15 years couldn't put a name to my face. End of rant sorry.

Phyl said:
We get discounts at Aquatic Obsession, OGII, Red Sand and Tropiquarium (not a sponsor). We do NOT get a discount at THR. We may get a discount at the Aquarium Center, but I'm not sure.

Add Allquatics to the list as well.