• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Who has solar????

We put a 9.8kw system on our house 18 months ago. It took a few months to see a difference in the bill but then the savings was apparent. However, over the last 6 months I have noticed that my consumption is going up every month without any significant changes to what we run in the house. I just got my bill today and my usage for last month is 1,000 kwh more than what it was last year this time. Now the big tank wasnt running then but theres no way my tank is burning that much electricity a month....right? What have others with solar experienced?

Does the difference have to do with the amount of sun? 1300w average extra for a month seems high, but if you're running MH you could get there.

I figure it out and I'm really angry at myself. We have hot tub and I always turn the breaker off during the winter since we don't use it. Well back in December I had an electrician out to do some work with moving some of our outdoor outlets. He must have turned it back on and I didn't realize it. With electronic billing and auto pay I hadn't looked at the bill in two months until today. I go open the hot tub and its set at 90 degrees.....ugh!!!!! Mystery solved!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have a 17 k system on my house. It has been moderate in production over the winter. Did you have it when the power went out cause of sandy? If so you had auto savings...

we ended up leasing thru the NJR Sun program. Our roof wasnt big enough to put enough panels up so we would be independent of the grid so I didnt want to put out a bunch of money and still have an electric bill. Our lease is supposed to be $79 a month but the panels have been up for 18 months so far and I havent gotten the first bill yet. I have called to tell them that I am not getting my bill and they keep telling me that everything is up to date.

I put 614 panels on my job last year. I can tell you a company from North Jersey NOT to use if you PM me.

The system works great I just didn't care for the company and their lack of professionalism.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There's a good chance that Suntuity will be doing a solar presentation at our meeting at Brian's this month. If you want to know more about how it all works and the current rebates etc. then you might want to be there.

Suntuity will also be at our frag swap in June if you can't make the March meeting on the 30th.

Sales@Suntuity

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hello Reffers, My name is R.J. Cabrera and i am the sales manager for Suntuity. I will be attending the meeting on the 30th of march and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have on existing systems as well as a potential new system. You can also PM me with your information and i will get back to you as soon as i can. I am glad to see so much interest in solar and look forward to speaking with you at the meeting.