• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Who is keeping SPS under T5

Thanks Mbodell that obviously explains the mechanics better then I could have.

My explanation because I was both tired of arguing and tired in general failed to really get across my point. Bulbs use electricity to produce light. The inefficiencies of each bulb produce a byproduct. In MH as Mbodell explained you have electricity going through a metal that when excited produces light, which you are trying to produce and heat as a secondary output which you don't want. So the more efficient a bulb the less heat you would give off. If you look amount of electricity used to produce a measurable amount of light between two bulbs the excess electricity used by bulb A vs bulb B will have to be a byproduct of some sort generally heat. Thus if a bulb A is less efficient then bulb B it will give off more byproduct(heat) then bulb B. MH vs T5

On a secondary note check out JerseyWendys post today in tale of tank if you don't think T5 is a good choice for SPS

i didn't say t-5's aren't a good choice for sps. i have t-5 lit tanks with plenty of sps in them. i was just saying in a 24" deep tank, stick with the halides, which definitely penetrate the water better than t-5's. i looked at jersey wendys tank and she's got the sps in the upper half of the tank. i don't think this was by chance.
i keep my sps on the sand bed.
if you don't want to argue points, you might want to steer clear of forums in general. that's what these places are for.