• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Who is running a FOWLR?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm just curious to know who is running a fish only with live rock (FOWLR)?

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
my 5 year old son. ;D
Has a RR 75 with 2 hippos a changing emperor angel and a couple fairy wrasse.
Will have to upgrade the tank soon for the emperor.

I just took my 46 bowfront down.

As we plan the stocking list for the 180 reef, Cindy keeps pointing to big beautiful angels. So there will probably be another one in my future. ;)

I have a 210 fowlr with a few mushrooms, crabs, snails
fish: adult emperor angel, juvi queen angel, blue throat trigger, clarkii clown, wrasse, green chromis

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
never really got into Fowlr tanks but tonight I stopped at AllAqutics and the guys chucked a couple of dead gold fish in the 400 gallon FOWLR they have. The big grouper and the lion fish both eat them one bit each. it was fun to watch. Hunny can I get a fowlr?

i have a 90 fowlr, i have a niger a stars and stripes puffer , a lemon peel , a one eyed koran, a vol. lion , a 3 stripe damsel , a tomatoe, and another puffer but i cant remember what kind he is

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I do, but with the new tank I am deciding what I am keeping and what I am getting rid of. And since the FOWLR doesn't have any non reef safe fish anymore, I could break that one down too.

no fowlr pics? i am thinking of starting a 55g for a huma and a lionfish. havent had much luck with lionfish in the past, wanna try again.

I'll make a thread in Tale of the Tank about our two FOWLRs in a day or so when I take some new pictures. I'll post a link in here when I do.
They arent anything special by any means though - just common livestock in them. 55 has a bicolor blenny, lawnmower blenny and a blue damsel and the 35 has a blue damsel and a false perc clown. We're noobies to saltwater so we are sticking to noobie fish for now. :)

heres some pic of my 150 fowlr
101_1399.jpg

101_1393.jpg

101_1387.jpg

101_1379.jpg

101_1367.jpg

101_1358.jpg