• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wienerdog's 90g attempt... I am addicted to this mess.

Here are some updates....
041.jpg

My nem gettin buried by the pistol...he just wont move.
035.jpg

027.jpg

021-3.jpg

015-1.jpg

014.jpg

022.jpg

033-1.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks pretty good. I'd suggest digging the nem out by hand and moving it before it gets totally covered.

Seems like your off to a good start.Although I never had any long term luck with the centro- angels or a foxface.Both were nippers...I hope yrs do better

falconut

NJRC Member
Yeah, I had issues with my Flame Angel nipping select corals. But my friend had one for over ten years with no issues, so good luck and hopefully yours is better.

You've got a nice assortment of corals there. I would think the nem would move if it got too bad, but I've never owned one. So, maybe the better thing to do is help it out. If not, just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get burried completely.

Looking good. As far as the anemone goes it seems they have a mind of there own. They will go where they want to no matter how hard you try to place them. It will move when it is good and ready.

Thanks all. The darn Nem just wont move. I moved him once, and he went right back to the same spot. I am afraid he's gonna be dead one day from the sand. The Flame so far has been pretty well behaved as have all the residents. I did have to toss the Singapore in my sump until I found him a new home. I am watching all of them...like hawk. As soon as I see a problem, they will go. Just hopin' thet remain behaved. Thanks for the props though!!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you keep moving the nem and it keeps going back there... your next best option is to just move the sand away from him whenever it starts piling up. Just scoop some out of there and put it in the back right corner of your tank (where it looks a lil low).

malulu

NJRC Member
may be try to put a small rock there... so the shrimp can't dig, and no more sands/hill in that area.

I've created a wall of rock around it. The shrimp just fills in the walls. Gonna try to move him once again and see what happens.