• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wifi surge protector

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Marcus I would try it. On my 90 o use alexa wifi plugs for heater skimmer and return pump.

Is the EB from the APEX a surge protector? I don't trust it so I have a Computer UPS/Battery between it and the wall. outlets still die on the apex but it isn't from surge, it is because the apex gear isn't the greatest.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Is the EB from the APEX a surge protector? I don't trust it so I have a Computer UPS/Battery between it and the wall. outlets still die on the apex but it isn't from surge, it is because the apex gear isn't the greatest.
I dont know, I'm using an Apex jr with an eb8 and already about 3 outlets are not responding.

How old is the eb8 I have 2 that are 5 years old and still working just wondering if if should start thinking about replacing them.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
About 3yrs, and i got it used.

For example, I have 1 outlet that trips my gfci when I plug anything into it. I dont have plans on getting the new apex so I'm just going to "down grade"