• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Will my clam, frogspawn and buble live??

The other day I went in the basement and my 55 was leaking. I quickly drained everything into coolers and broke the tank down. I always wanted a biocube so I went out to the LFS and got a 29gal. Over the last few days ive been getting the tank back together. In the old 55 I had frogspawn, bubble coral, and a clam. I am going to Flordia on Saturday for a week. Do you think everything will live till I get back and get the nanocustoms 144watt power compact kit? My water is perfect, so the only thing I am worried about is the lack of light.

If you are that worried is there any one close to you with a proper set up your could house them in for a bit?

I would say the same thing about the storm idea. If you've got the stock BC lighting it's at least something till you got back and could properly deal with it.

If you have the stock lights at the LPS should be fine mine are doing well with stock 24G AP so same CP lights more or less. The clam I guess try to get it up as close to the light as possible I would think it should be OK...you have a timer for the lights right?

get the nanocustoms 144watt power compact kit?

Just wanted to add something. I drooled thought about getting that kit for a while (I have the 29BC too). I ended up getting a 20" Sunpod 150 HQI and I'm glad I did.

If you aren't against going open top (the front door is a little tricky). I can tell you from experience with the 29 hoods, the fans are ::)

Yeah, you get can get upgraded fans (they even mention they're louder) but I'm glad I went with the Sunpod over the 144. I paid about $50 less and it's a much better light and I think the corals are doing better by it...

Just food for thought... Don't forget to get your MJ1200 return pump (the stock pump dies after a couple months and the MJ1200 gives MUCH better flow) and do your homework on the mods :) Any questions about the mods, I've done a few and I'm looking at a few more, just shoot me a PM :)

Oh, and BTW - Bust out that camera when you get a sec and go nuts :)

I do have two timers on it, one for actinic, one for 10k. I bumped the time up a half hour more on each light cycle to give a little longer light cycle and the clam is about a inch under the surface of the water. He used to be under HO T5 and he hasnt changed the way he opens in the new tank. I think he will do fine, it is a extremely healthy clam, I've only had him for a few weeks and you can see the white spots on his shell where it has grown.

Reefitup, I already cut the divider between the first and second chambers for more flow and I am planning on using one balast and bulb out of a Coralife mini aqualight as a fuge light in the 2nd chamber. I also cut all the carbon out of the stock biocube pads sice I never run carbon in my tank, unless I just fragged something or I overdose on a supplement.

I'll post pics tomorrow if i get done packing for the trip....

Thanks for the help,
Steve

You are good to go...with the clam that close it should hardly matter, the bulbs are new so you are getting max out of them at the moment. Sounds like you have a great handle on all the cubist mods. Stay involved and get us some pics.

I took some pics for everyone to see what ive been up to.

FTS
IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

If anyone is interested the frogspawn frag, and the bubble coral will be for sale when i get back from FL. Ide rather just trade for any colorfull Zoos or Rics.