• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wireless printers and power outages = unable to connect

After an hour of fruitless printing I finally figured out I had to update the Ip address on the port on my pcs in order to "print" to the wireless printer again.

Not sure if anyone else has a wireless printer that isn't printing - but the reason (apparently) is that the loss of power forces a re-set of the IP and thre printer just grabs the next random one up.

Bottom line- if you can't print - double check the IPs configured on your laptop/desktop/powerbook and make sure they match the wireless printer.

Now you know. Knowing is half the battle. go joe! :p

Well I ordered a new printer just the other day hahahahahaha. I am not sure that is my problem though because it is hard wired to the router. Oh well.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I did not know that!
Hawk, look up static ip in your manual. You have to turn off DHCP and specify the address you want on the printer. Then go to your router and take that ip out of the range.

Bob