• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wiring Fluorescent Lights

I am trying to get my VHO actinics hooked up and I am reusing the wiring harness from my old Hamilton system. Of course I removed the wiring from the old unit without labelling it very well ::).
Question:

I have two VHO tubes to hook up, which means a total of 8 connections. There are only 6 wires in the harness:
Red
Blue
Orange
Green
Black
White

Based on what labling I did do, I think that Red and Blue connect to the same end of one tube, and orange and green to the same end of the other tube. I'm flummoxed how the rest is supposed to be connected. There were multiple wires attached to white, so I'm thinking they share a common ground. Any idea how this is supposed to hook up?
Signed,
Sparky

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Jim,
If you email hamilton tech. they will email you back a diagram for the wiring.
I had to do this also and if I remember I heard back the same day.

reefsandrotts said:
Jim,
If you email hamilton tech. they will email you back a diagram for the wiring.
I had to do this also and if I remember I heard back the same day.

Thanks Jim. I tried before (like a year ago) and I never heard back. I shall try again.

Look at that. Six wires. I think I can figure it out from here.

Thanks guys, you probably saved me from lighting my nose up like a stoplight!

the end that the yellow wires go to in the ice cap drawing.. theres a little jump you see in there i used the excess from the yellow wire for that but you can use anything .