• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

witnessing a miracle

Today I had to do a large water change due to a high nitrate level in my tank. I do not know why the levels were so high as of yet. My three other tanks with the same routine have nitrate levels undetectable. While I was doing this water change my Maroon Clowns started to spawn. With no regard to what I was doing. This is only the second spawning I am aware of. I took some video on my cell phone. I am not sure of the quality yet but I would like to post it here. I have been watching them for about 2 hrs now. I can't believe the little guy has anything left. It looks like thousands of eggs. I missed the first batch of eggs. Now I now when it was started. I will try to catch the fry and raise them. I could use some advise on rotifier cultures. Any body that can give advice would be appreciated.

congrats!!

When I'm at macna i'm going to check out the reef nutrition table and look for that rotifer culture you talked about. I lost the last batch (3rd) of eggs because I knew I wouldn't have time to track them.

ps. are you feeding your maroons anything special? My percs are spawning with just cyclopeeze wafers and some aqueon pellets and frozen mysis (once a month or so).

Feeding PE Mysis mainly. They get Some shrimp pellets meant to get to the bottom for the engineer gobies in the tank.
I will be at the convention myself this weekend. I can't make it Friday but will be there for the remainder. Hope to run into you there. You have been a lot of help to me.