• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Working 16hrs a day

So Ive got my self in a pickle I went and got a full time job at a shop because my shop was slow and still work at my own company (family owned) part time Problem Im having is now my shop is picking up and im work 16 hrs a day min. Anyone else have an work issues. I hear a lot of ppl losing hrs. Seems Ive gained more than I can handle.

Hirbro What is your profession?

Thats what happened here I had a payroll out of control so I took a pay cut now Im working 40 hrs for half the pay :mad:

If we could rid a few post padders my "work" load would lessen. ::)

hint to new folks - PLEASE do not reply to "EMERGENCY" threads that are 2 months old...

Lord Viper said:
Hirbro What is your profession?

Thats what happened here I had a payroll out of control so I took a pay cut now Im working 40 hrs for half the pay :mad:

Network Administrator

Hawkeye said:
If we could rid a few post padders my "work" load would lessen. ::)

hint to new folks - PLEASE do not post stupid crap in the "EMERGENCY" threads ...

fixed it for you.. and i'm no longer a subscriber to that forum unfortunately

I run my own buisness. When it's busy, I work like mad to keep things on track. When it's slow I work even harder to find work and maximize what we have. Pay cut! What's that? Haven't cashed a pay check since back in March some time so I can make payroll for my guys. This economy has to turn soon or ... ???

... The joys of your own buisness :p

were getting crazy hours at my job too. at least 3 days a week are over 12 hours, usually about 15. we fix resturant equip. and a/c. what it is is that alot of companys have folded in this economy because of not being able to get loans and such, and the companys that are still afloat picked up alllllllll the business.. . . guess thats kinda good though. i wouldnt have half the coral i have i only had 30 hours

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well I manage a Country Club so we are dead smack in the middle of season here...come to work at 8:00am...leave around 12:00am six days a week...I am on salary so I have no extra gain from the extra work, when it slows down for the winter months I get paid the same but end up working about 30hours a week so I can't complain, it does not make it any easier to work 80 hours in one week right now... :-\ I am gratefull to be employed!

Rod

Im with you guys,Im "hands on" Site manager for 2 complex's and we were getting pd overtime,until the budget and overtime is no longer allowed although my staff still needs to get the work done.So we all are guilty of working overtime,but now without the pay for it.Yes, we have a choice,but we all need a job,so we do what we have to,like Mike says,it could always be worse and not have a job...Positive is: If it doesnt kill us,it will only make us stronger.Cheers to all the hard working people ;)

Well I don't feel so bad now at least Im not the only one. Praises to all the hard working back breakers out there. I hear the weaker company's going out and the strong that are left are picking up the slack. Good for them. thing will get better in this economy only one way to go right.