• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Worst of luck!!!

like a year ago i bought a new red sea c-skimmer 1800.
this thing its a beast, easy to clean, so so to dial in, but over all not bad.

I love it that it was so easy to clean, with a self neck wash system, the bad? im on my 2nd air pump on it,

the first one went out after a few months, redsea was nice enough to send me a new one even thou all i asked was just for the propeller, now a few months after, its down again, i sent emails to them again to see if there its anything they could do, and no answer yet a month now, im so disappointing on this skimmer, i pay 300+ and its broken 2x

its this normal of skimmers? i mean , am i doing something wrong? i have mine setup outside the sump, i only shut it down 2x due to cleaning and or moving the skimmer location.

im having a mind of selling it, but sigh, this is what i dint wanna deal with back then when i dint bought a cheaper skimmer.

anyone has this skimmer per say , that can give me some pointers?
here is a link to it
http://www.marinedepot.com/Red_Sea_...r_350_Gallons-Red_Sea-RS1413-FIPSISOT-vi.html

it uses the psk-2500 aspiration pump