• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wrasse compatibility question

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
For what it's worth, the internet says this about the Picture Wrasse, "They do not appreciate living with other species of wrasse...." Hopefully someone with real life experience will chime in.

I ended up passing. Don’t want to disrupt the chemistry with my other 2 wrasses which get along. Was a nice wrasse though

I currently have 2 Halichoeres wrasse species in my 120. A white belly and a Christmas wrasse. They get along great. Didn’t want to upset the balance by adding a third. They say as long as species are different you are ok but I figured 2 in a 120 with plenty of food and hiding they are good to go. Ended buying a green mandarin that I am going to train to eat white worms

eholceker

NJRC Member
I currently have 2 Halichoeres wrasse species in my 120. A white belly and a Christmas wrasse. They get along great. Didn’t want to upset the balance by adding a third. They say as long as species are different you are ok but I figured 2 in a 120 with plenty of food and hiding they are good to go. Ended buying a green mandarin that I am going to train to eat white worms
Hit or miss and it gets more complex when you are adding cospecifics. Heck I have a very aggressive green chromis that is currently terrorizing every fish in my 200 gallon aquarium and have to rip the tank apart next week to get it out.

Hit or miss and it gets more complex when you are adding cospecifics. Heck I have a very aggressive green chromis that is currently terrorizing every fish in my 200 gallon aquarium and have to rip the tank apart next week to get it out.
Dear god. Ripping a 200 gallon tank apart for a green chromis. I would try to use a small hook and fish him out. Lol

Salted

NJRC Member
I have a bunch of clear plastic netting I used for my top you’re welcome to have to maybe make a net with. If you’re close to denville I’d think it would be worth a try before taking the tank all apart. I’m thinking it would be much less visible and give you a chance.

eholceker

NJRC Member
I have a bunch of clear plastic netting I used for my top you’re welcome to have to maybe make a net with. If you’re close to denville I’d think it would be worth a try before taking the tank all apart. I’m thinking it would be much less visible and give you a chance.

I am going to cut the tank in half with egg crate so only have to dismantle half of it. Going to suck but is needed. Just need to figure out if I want to add the fish back after a few months time out.