• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

wrasses

Lubbocks
lubbocks1.jpg

lubbocks.jpg

Green Coris wrasse
green-coris.jpg

Labroides
labroides.jpg

Blue side wrasse
blueside.jpg

half went in the main tank, half went into a hospital tank.

The first night, I noticed the green coris looked lost trying to find sand when the lights went out. Last night, he slept in a hole in the rockwork. I know they dive for cover when scared and I had to move my rogue clownfsh because he was chasing any wrasse that got too close to his orange cap-

I placed a pyrex container last night in the tank with 8 cups of sand in it (4 inches of sand depth), and I don't think any wrasses realizes it's there just yet-

Jcurry@wesketch said:
So now you've got a PDSB (partial deep sand bed)?

yep-

here's the CB checking out some crawly thing trying to get in the sand-
a.jpg

and pardon the mess of a tank I currently have- I was doing a bunch of stuff tonight (and the past 4 nights), but I made the captions a little more fun this time- :D
b.jpg

Hey what kind of urchin is that next to the Butterfly? The spines are a lot shorter then the ones I've seen for sale. Of course the short-spined ones I see are typically much thicker. Anyways - my point is - that's a neat looking urchin! lol.
Do you find it knocks over your frags?

Hawkeye said:
Hey what kind of urchin is that next to the Butterfly?

Do you find it knocks over your frags?

It was sold to me as a pencil urchin. I had to move the longspine since he was knocking EVERYTHING around. The funnier thing (and probably more annoying IMO) about this urchin is the fact that it PICKS up frags and carries it around the tank! I actually have a few pics of this happening, including a poor snail that was upside down on its spines for over 3 days