• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB Airport Express

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Does have one of the discontinued Apple AirPort Express they’d like to sell?

I’m in Little Egg Harbor, but up in Eatontown a couple times a week.

Dave

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
understand but no need for AirPort for AirPlay. You can airplay from your device to AppleTV no problem. Now if you are looking to send to other devices, like speakers, I would look at devices like Alexis or Google Home. They work well and then your not locked into the Apple enviorment. Now I am a apple user (in fact using my iMac right now) but I never liked apple's APs.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I realize that. But you would then need two devices that support the airplay speakers. Also I wouldn't want my AP acting as that type of a device. An AP should be serving up your network not also routing your audio for you. Also you can get devices that job is to route audio and you can route it to mulitple rooms.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
You know audio take processing power and bandwidth from your network. an AP can only handle so much traffic before things slow down. That is why I would leave my AP to just serve up my network. If my devices on my network start need more bandwidth then its easier to upgrade then to worry about getting an AP to can do both route audio and server up your network

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Spot on. With AirPlay 2 support now, I want to use it to stream to these guys in the backyard in sync with my other stuff. I got em from work at a great price, free!

BF04D85D-1BC4-489D-B596-C9DD9091010F.png