• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB: amphipods (somerville, NJ)

hi everyone,
I set up a 35 gallon tank with a few fishes (2 yellow watchman and a purple firefish). I would like to get amphipods in my tank before I add mandarin dragonnet. for the last 2 years with up and down in maintenance the tank (try to keep up), I get nothing in the tank. my older son is getting on board of helping feeding, cleaning and changing water now. he is asking me to add madarin dragonnet.
would any good/bad souls in NJ reefers club sell me some of their amphipod? or something that help seeding the pods in my tank?
thanks
Olivier.
please email me at olivier.t.nguyen@gmail.com

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hi Olivier,
Saw your other post and call for club donations. I'm sure I speak for many, if not all, in saying thanks for your generosity. I've got a bunch of mixed pods going atm and would be happy to send you a bottle (with some phytos to keep them going). I can load a few hundred but they will be juvenile and very small to medium sized. Might be a month or so for them to establish before you can add the mandarin. No charge and I'll take care of the shipping or if you'd like to pick it up in Brick, thats an option as well. Let me know.
Mark
(201) 467-1771

Mark
thank you for your offer. can you PM me your location? it is quite a drive but I take your offer.
in regarding the club donation etc. I would not want to tight our transaction/deal into that just because it make me feel that the club owe me instead the other way around.
PM me and we can iron it out.
thank you very much
Olivier