• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB clownfish pair

What exactly are you looking for?
A mated pair of clownfish meant that they were or currently are breeding. If they were breeding that means they may be up to 9 years old.
Clownfish can breed around 1.5-2.5 years old if im not mistaken. Then they lay eggs every 10 - 14 days for many years. Maybe around 5-7 years.

Ok so you just need a pair of clownfish and the will become partners. I would stay away from any type of maroon clownfish because they are very agressive and hard to pair up.
I have some baby true purculas about 7 months old for $30 a pair and i have several pairs to choose from.
IMG_1267.jpeg

frostbite clownfish $120 for the pair
IMG_1254.jpeg

Your about 1 hour from me. Its hit or miss with getting clownfish to host but i have had good luck if you put them in an acclimation box for a few weeks with nothing but an anemone or two so they almost have no choice but to like it lol

What exactly are you looking for?
A mated pair of clownfish meant that they were or currently are breeding. If they were breeding that means they may be up to 9 years old.
Clownfish can breed around 1.5-2.5 years old if im not mistaken. Then they lay eggs every 10 - 14 days for many years. Maybe around 5-7 years.
Incorrect information regarding breeding. A female to lay eggs (spawning) would have to be 3 yrs plus. Generally the female in size is 3"+ The Male is mature at 6 months. However typically the first spawn in most cases they will eat the clutch, and the clutch are very small. As they lay eggs often the Male will learn how to care for the eggs, as his responsibility. Before all of this to happen the pair must be a bonded pair.
Bonding and mating are to different meaning. Bond is a couple, an item in separable like to be with each other. Mating is when the pair are laying eggs. I'm a breeder, and I have mated pairs for sale. This is a mated tomato clownfish look at the clutch if eggs on the outside of the clay pot.
b04876f3d1f32c9707e2805a4580f1eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I have a few anemones in my tank not looking to breed clowns just want a pair to host an Anemone together

Thanks
Not all clownfish will host anemone, no Guarantee. Some I've seen host a hammer or frog spawn and even duncans.

Incorrect information regarding breeding. A female to lay eggs (spawning) would have to be 3 yrs plus. Generally the female in size is 3"+ The Male is mature at 6 months. However typically the first spawn in most cases they will eat the clutch, and the clutch are very small. As they lay eggs often the Male will learn how to care for the eggs, as his responsibility. Before all of this to happen the pair must be a bonded pair.
Bonding and mating are to different meaning. Bond is a couple, an item in separable like to be with each other. Mating is when the pair are laying eggs. I'm a breeder, and I have mated pairs for sale. This is a mated tomato clownfish look at the clutch if eggs on the outside of the clay pot.

Excellent synopsis. Mine are just at the 3 year mark. (I had them 3 years. + however long they were in a grow out facility.) The Female is not quite 3”, but close. I suspect they have spawned and eaten them. The male has been tending to a particular spot in the tank lately. I have not witnessed an egg cluster though. They host around the aquarium heater.

How much for the breeding pair?

I have a few anemones in my tank not looking to breed clowns just want a pair to host an Anemone together

Thanks

Emmanuel,
I have a Pair of young adults True Percula that hosts my Anemone, Hammer Heads and Frogspawm, I’m located in Elizabeth.
I’ll send you a PM.
Juan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I mistaken. Or for the most part. If you get two young clowns. Won’t they prety much pair up over time
All juvenile are males, and in time one will dominate the other and become the female and pairing will happen. There will be a little fighting..lol