• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB large frag tank

Looking to setup a large frag tank. Could be complete of just the tank. Reasonably local to Jackson NJ 08527. My display runith over. Thanks!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Just drilled a 40b and have an assortment of glass bits in Brick if either of you guys need to borrow.
If you order bits don't make the Mark_C rookie mistake - a 1" bulkhead will not fit through a hole drilled by a 1" bit, the bit needs to be 1 1/4" to 1 3/8" to accomodate bulkhead threads

@Mark... I'm picking up my low boy from Major League Exotics tomorrow. 24x48x10 for just over $100 is hard to beat....

They're great if you don't have water in them. Had a brand new one - bottom panel gave out a RAP. I had countless people come up to me and tell me the same thing happened to theirs. Some guy had 6 all give out.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
They're great if you don't have water in them. Had a brand new one - bottom panel gave out a RAP. I had countless people come up to me and tell me the same thing happened to theirs. Some guy had 6 all give out.

That wasn’t a low boy, wasn’t that was a much nicer tank?

Yes
85bee2ecfcf45a1e29dabc5d1cfe5f16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

DangerDave

NJRC Member
So nuts. Well mine will be delivered soon. I’ll let you guys know how it works out.

@joetbs did that tank previously survive having water in it or was RAP the first fill?

Dave

DangerDave

NJRC Member
@Mark... i was looking for that low boy pic above and stumbled on to the pets warehouse site. They have a few companies frag tanks there at fair prices, but you have to pick up. Looks like they have a bunch of NY locations. Might be worth the trip.

Dave

It was brand new. Wasn't even filled all the way when it gave. No rocks or anything hard in there either. The glass that fell out was still in one piece after it landed.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
It was brand new. Wasn't even filled all the way when it gave. No rocks or anything hard in there either. The glass that fell out was still in one piece after it landed.

It was heart breaking seeing that at RAP.