• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB OVERFLOW BOX

Hey all,

I’m upgrading a family members tank from a biocube to an 37g tank and I’m looking for an overflow box, wide black box light, and a dc pump.

radiata

NJRC Member
I've got an old-style overflow box that pre-dates the more popular CPR units. It uses a large U-tube.

I've also got a Chinese black box LED like those sold on eBay. It has some salt encrusting, but worked the last time I had it plugged in. The Chinese black boxes are billed as 165W but are actually only 110W (3W LEDs are used, but only fire up with 2W of power).

You can have both free. I'm in Livingston if/when you want to pick them up.

radiata

NJRC Member
In all fairness, I really can't tout this overflow. I think this model and also all the subsequent CPR models are just "an accident waiting to happen". I think you'd be far better off drilling a hole in the tank and creating a more DIY failure resistant overflow. But, if you still want it, you've got it.

I'll toss in a used TOM's Aqua Lifter, which I believe, should be incorporated into all overflows for either of the above types. Many years ago, when I first discovered the Aqua Lifter I suggested to CPR that they research the use of Aqua Lifter for their overflows. They did and now recommended using one. Of course, they never thanked me for the suggestion... I've tested the few old used ones that I have, and they work, but can't promise the one I give you will last forever.

If you need a sump, I have and a dirty not-in-use 10G glass tank and a dirty not-in-use 5.5G glass tank that you can have.

I'll PM you contact info...

The Lifereef Overflow Box was designed over 30 years ago and has a ZERO FAILURE history. Others that look like Lifereef for obvious reasons, copied, but they also have some other flaws not so noticeable that can lead to cracking and/or loss of siphon.