• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB OVERFLOW BOX

Hello everyone if someone has an over flow box that they want to sell please shoot me a message. I am looking to build a sump for my tank and I am in search for an overflow box.
I live between Atlantic Highlands and Keyport.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have an overflow box....but if you have a 25 gallon like listed in the sub part of your post, it will be overkill. I had it on a 58 gallon tank and it could handle a much bigger tank. Later I find it and take pictures and see if I can determine whose it is. I also have a DIY durso to keep it running quiet. I'm looking to get 10 bucks.

I have an overflow box....but if you have a 25 gallon like listed in the sub part of your post, it will be overkill. I had it on a 58 gallon tank and it could handle a much bigger tank. Later I find it and take pictures and see if I can determine whose it is. I also have a DIY durso to keep it running quiet. I'm looking to get 10 bucks.
Yes it is a 25 gallon. If i install a gate valve to control the flow would that work? Just wondering. Im trying to save some money i saw a new one on ebay for 57 + shipping.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here's a picture of the overflow....and it is big. The opening in the back measures 5 x 9 inches. I think it might be a CPR Overflow, but not 100% sure. It cost well of 100 when new.

You will need a small pump to assure you maintain siphon....something like a Tom's Aqualifter.

Here's a picture of the overflow....and it is big. The opening in the back measures 5 x 9 inches. I think it might be a CPR Overflow, but not 100% sure. It cost well of 100 when new.

You will need a small pump to assure you maintain siphon....something like a Tom's Aqualifter.

LOL it's bigger then my tank! I can use it as a refugium at the same time.
Honestly, if you think I can out a valve and control the flow? I mean the sump is a Deep Blue 12x12x12 I believe 7.5 gallons. If I lose power i'm afraid this will overflow that little sump. Unless I'm wrong. I dont really know the expertise of these things.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think it might work, but also think it's way too big. I think you'd be better off drilling the tank, but that's me. However, I like your suggestion as an HOB refugium.....great size.

I think it might work, but also think it's way too big. I think you'd be better off drilling the tank, but that's me. However, I like your suggestion as an HOB refugium.....great size.
I do want to drill the tank. but I'm afraid. I would even let somebody that knows what they're doing do it for me, for a nominal fee of course. But I'm to rough and I know I would break the whole thing.