• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ya Mon, No Problem!

Whats up from Negril, Jamaica everyone!!! ;D sure you all wish you were here. awesome place and beautiful waters. been snorkeling every day on the reefs and going diving tomorrow. Got lots of underwater pictures since i busted out the 35mm underwater camera. Found tangs, blenny's, wrasses, anthias, anemones, fire corals, xenia, prolific black urchins, puffers, eels, pipe fish.. i could keep going :) Pics to come sometime after the 14th when we get back.

in between all the alcohol, toga parties and naked people we're getting married on Sat so, wish us luck and no tropical storms!

-peace out for now!- ya mon!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ayy Mon. That's where we went for our honeymoon (Sandals in Negril). What a great place. The snorkeling and diving there is really cool. Have you seen enough bluehead wrasses yet? Wow, there were a ton of them EVERYWHERE last time we were there.

Congrats and enjoy.

I was in Negril 2 months ago, and have missed that place soo much ever since! Where are you staying? Check out Tedds shroom boom if you re into that sorta thing, great "trip" Also try Kuyaba for dinner one night, if youre lucky youll get the upper deck table, all by yourself on the beach! Great food. Lets organize an NJ reefers snorkeling trip there! Whos in?

when me and the wife were in ocho rios jamaica 2 years ago i happened apon a puffer that was about a foot long. his eye was the size of a golf ball! pretty scary for a puffer

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Go to Alfreds (I believe that is the name) for their conch chowder. Had it there 8 years ago and still want some.

hello all!! we are staying in and got married Saturday at Hedonism II in Negril. went to Ricks Cafe last night and jumped twice off the 30-40 ft cliff and my wedding ring fell off. a couple of the Jamaican lifeguards that work there got a metal detector today and found it at the bottom of 25ft by holding their breath!!

what can't Jamaicans do? and LOL at the shroom boom.. "shell Guy" selling the conch shells offered us all kinds of "things" but we declined. going Diving once more this week for more pictures. We did find a pokadot manta ray that i tried to catch but coming from behind him i had visions of Steve Irwin and turned away.

Thats all for now i'll post back soon. we're actually starting to miss jersey after 9 days in paradise :/

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The sunset over Ricks is also a memory that I will never forget.

Ha that shell guy totally took me for a loop too. And what CANT they find on the beach at midnight haha. I did miss jersey a little, but I dont know what the hell I was thinking now that Im back... Reggae still makes me sad. Have you gone to the "Live reggae shows?" We saw a group named Reggae Muffin at Sunset on the Beach and it was hilarious. The trumpet player was wasted!

Congratulations!

Have a fun & safe trip and don't get locked up abroad or anything like that!

Looking forward to your pics!

mnat said:
The sunset over Ricks is also a memory that I will never forget.
yea we wanted to see it but it got cloudy just as the sun had set. and LMAO Bax we'll be watching Locked Up Abroad, Jamaica tomorrow at 9pmEST on National Geographic channel!! lol

trust me we are gunna check right before security that NOTHING is in our bags. going diving tomorrow hopefully see some more lionfish and spiney lobsters. have seen pizza anemones and condi's along with a few Carpets but no clowns :( . Damsels run amuck here too. we did find a lion fish and a beautiful angel near the shore in 2foot of water while snorkling.

talk to you all soon :~) !

Hello again everyone, Heard news that everything is still alive and well in our Reef at home so we're excited to get there. About to leave the hotel for the 2 hour ride back to Montego Bay Airport then 3 hour flight to Philly. the last dive went great saw another huge crab and a juvenile sea turtle along with a few caves.

will post pictures on sunday or monday :)!

talk to you all soon!

We are home at last everyone and there's no place like home..... some pics tomorrow morning and the reef pics sunday or monday. nighty night!

Some pictures.. after standing at the photo desk for 20 mins :p and remembering how to get 35mm film developed my pictures should be in for Friday that i took Diving and Snorkeling. a few pictures of where we stayed for 12 days

the Loaner Dive boat
DSC02802.jpg

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02853.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02898.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

Picture057.jpg

view from our Room
Picture082.jpg

not my toes :p
Picture087.jpg

Diving in the pool
Picture117.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture165.jpg

some of these are snorkeling and some are at 35 and 65 feet scuba diving. these are the reefs off 7 Mile beach in Negril Jamaica

Snorkeling pics

puffer in the sea grass
IMG000.jpg

giant starfish
IMG006.jpg

IMG009.jpg

theres acutally a neon goby sitting on the coral top right.
IMG010.jpg

IMG011.jpg

IMG012.jpg

IMG013.jpg

IMG014.jpg

pics from 65feet scuba diving

IMG002.jpg

going down!

IMG003.jpg

IMG004.jpg

lionfish
IMG005.jpg

blue reef chromis and giant round corals. some i could probably have hid in
IMG006-1.jpg

found alot of arrow crabs haha! passing him around sharing some reef knowledge
IMG007.jpg

IMG008.jpg

me holding the arrow crab
IMG009-1.jpg

suppose to be a picture of 30 or so adult and juvi royal gramma's
IMG011-1.jpg

Blue spiny lobster head!
IMG013-1.jpg

IMG014-1.jpg

stingray top left corner

IMG016.jpg

giant damsel or grouper.. i think grouper..
IMG017.jpg

IMG018.jpg

IMG019.jpg

cool looking boxfish

IMG021.jpg

Dive master with a giant crab who was freaking out because two fish that eat it were very close AHHHHH!!!lol
IMG022.jpg

IMG024.jpg

holding the giant crab, looks like those claws would hurt!
IMG026-1.jpg

They had a floating pool table, that's awesome. Great picts there from the dive & snorkeling. We went snorkeling off the coast of Belize on our honey moon 5 years ago(did a cruise). Nice place to snorkel since Belize was a crap hole.