• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yet another Technology Question

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I’m technologically challenged. I barely own a cell phone…..I typically leave it at home next to the regular house phone. It certainly isn’t smart or “I” or whatever…..it’s a phone! If I do use it, I CALL someone, because it’s a PHONE.

So anyway, here’s my question: I answer a post on one of the forums (not necessarily NJRC forum) and time passes (so it’s not immediately). After some time, someone else posts the same thing I just said! I assume it’s coming from a phone because it has that “tapitalk” or whatever it’s called, label. Do these “smart” phones not allow you to see what other people have already posted? If I see that someone else has posted a similar opinion, I’d post a “+1.” I certainly wouldn’t retype what someone has just said. Maybe it’s me, but I’m thinking, “What an idiot.”

So my question, for those who are “smart” and/or “I,” can you see what’s going on?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I have noticed it a bit on my phone. Sometimes I'll look at a thread and see a reply or two am a few minutes later look at the same thread and there's other replies before the ones I saw previously. If that makes sense.

I have noticed it a bit on my phone. Sometimes I'll look at a thread and see a reply or two am a few minutes later look at the same thread and there's other replies before the ones I saw previously. If that makes sense.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tapatalk lets you see all the post and even tells you how long ago a post was made.

It could be they are slow at typing or do not read all the posts and are just answer the OP's question which just so happens to be the same answer you gave earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you know what that makes you...in my opinion? :eek:

images_zpsdf597915.jpg

I use TapATalk quite often and have noticed that sometimes there are posts missing. I can tell this cause the post numbers don't go in order. This doesn't happen often, but it does. It's possible that the person using it did not refresh and therefore didn't see your post.

Oh and yes well played Earl. As I was reading Paul's first post that's is exactly what I had in mind.

Lmao.... That is some funny stuff!

what it comes down to is, tapatalk being a mediocre app. sorry i just dont like it
ps you'll love all the extra things your phone can do besides call someone once you learn how to use them. i can control my tank from mine.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice one Earl! I'm reading your post going... isn't that exactly what Kevin just posted?... And then I realized you were just playing along.

It could be that the person is just not reading all the replies (like Brian said) or it could be that the person just didn't refresh the page after being on it for a while.

Nice one Earl! I'm reading your post going... isn't that exactly what Kevin just posted?... And then I realized you were just playing along.

It could be that the person is just not reading all the replies (like Brian said) or it could be that the person just didn't refresh the page after being on it for a while.