• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

You might have a reef addiction if......

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Know the Latin names for all the corals and fish in your display tank but can't remember your wedding anniversary

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You're willing to be late for work because you have a shipment arriving and want to properly acclimate it.

Which reminds me, I have two shipments coming in today and work at noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
All travel plan include trips to a fish store or aquarium no matter where you go.

As you reconfigure/design your house addition you yell at the architect " dear god man, you took away the best wall for my reef tank"!!!!!!!

Directions to your house include look for the house with the blue glow coming from the picture window

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
You have more advanced water purification systems in you home that the local sewerage authority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have more advanced water purification systems in you home that the local sewerage authority.

$100 - spent on - Sand, Rock, or Supplements.... seems cheap.

When you watch discovery you can name individual species of corals and sps by genotype.

You have planet earth on blu-ray but have only watched "Shallow Oceans".

You know more about the Fish in the Reef Bio-Tope than the curators at the Georgia Aquarium.

You ask more about their filtration and supplements than the inabitants at the aquarium.

You can create a siphon and have mistakenly swallowed tank water.

Any cuts on your hands mysteriously only take 1 day to heal due saltwater exfoliation.

You check on your tank before you check on your children.

You have enough plumbing supplies to fix any issue with 1" to 1/2" Pipes.

You are the only kid on your block that did NOT need to go to the hardware store to setup your fridges icemaker.

You think bottled water tastes like sewer.

Your family has never consumed anything with a TDS Value over 0

Your fish eat better than you.

You know more about LED's than college professors.

You know what foam fractionation is.

You know more chemicals than the average joe that makes calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity.

Your the only guy thats looking for driveway heat in the middle of summer.. and its not for your driveway...

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
You set up a dosing pump on a float switch to ensure your Christmas tree has enough water.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Great...anyone try it yet?

Yeah. But the tree holder is to small to accommodate a float switch . However. I have a work around. I started recording how much water I'm using a day to top it off. Then once I have a weeks data I'll set up an aqua lifter pump on a timer.

You go shopping with your wife, and the entire time you looking around for things you can use for your tank. Does not matter what store, I look at containers, turkey basters, vinegar etc. haha.