• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Your Achilles Heel

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
In order to be able to better advise others and grow my own knowledge, I often attempt to successfully sustain notoriously difficult species. Some are quite frankly better left in the ocean, but if there is IMG_20190203_155355.jpg insistence in keeping them in a home aquarium then I feel we owe it to the creatures to further our knowledge on how to do it successfully. I have a thriving Elegance Coral and am currently working with a Blue Linckia Sea Star. My Achilles Heel, however, is Flowerpot Coral (goniopora and even alveopora). I can't keep it alive for ****e. What is your Achilles Heel? The one thing you just can't seem to have success with?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Right now, we can't keep birdsnest sps even though other species are doing very well. Our gonis are doing very well, but I think you have to be very very choosy with which ones you buy. We picked up several aquaculuted ones at RAP last year and they are thriving in our tank. We even have them half way up our rockwork in a ton of flow and they love it. Fish wise are biggest achilles heel is blue spot jawfish, they just don't do well long term in home aquariums and I think their collection practices can by very sketchy as well.