• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Your thoughts on Ocean Gallery on rt 22

Just wanted to know what you guys think of this shop.
Fish seem healthy and corals seem okay with the exception of some frags that look like they're bleaching.

Also. I live in Phillipsburg and was wondering what shops would you recomend that are close to me 08865. I know most of you guys are in the south.

Steve

I saw that a reef store opened up in Ledgewood... they posted in craigslist and have a facebook. I have no experience with them, but it may be worth a visit for you. My go to spot is Sea Level in Pinebrook... small store, but worth the trip. While you're there, Absolutely fish is maybe 10 minutes away so it would make a nice trip.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
my go to spot is also sea level in pinebrook, I have not visited OG's yet but do plan to in the near future

Fengs Reef is very close to OGII - you probably pass it on the way there. They are on Route 28. best to call him first to make sure he's open and not away. I haven't been there in a while but others can speak to the store.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Sea level is awesome. I've been to the new one in ledgewood. It's called ocean aquatics. It's a nice little set up. Alex is one of the guys there and very helpful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi Paintman.

Yes. I've been to something fishy a few times, but always looking to visit a new shops.

Thanks,
Steve

OGII is a fare place. someday they have good fish some day they don't. and they don't give discount to club member. in the late spring and summer month, if you are into Mandarin Dragonet, they're normally stock a large and extra large specimens that eat frozen. I bought a few of them on my last setup.

REDSAND AKA FENG place is great with price however the opening hours is inconsistent that hard to plan a trip.

Aquatic Obession is a great fish store overall. Will the shop owner taking great cares of their live stock.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
i like it...i think the prices are fair given what they are offering, a huge fish selection which is something that i like.

Picked up my picasso clown pair from them a few weeks ago, fair pricing and they are still super healthy and eating anything I give them. Can't complain a bit.