• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zippys tank

So I finally can post some pictures, I hope. It all began in Feb of 2012. I got the itch to set up a reef tank after seeing how corals were thriving under LED lights in a pet store in Chicago. Well I then raw a Visio from Indonesia pacific reefs on how to set up a nano tank. Here was mine..image.jpg. As time went on I got bigger in May and set this upimage.jpg

I at the same time had this installed at the houseimage.jpg a 20 KW generator for the house. I realize how much time and expense goes into this hobby and we loose power often. Best thing I ever did.

So here are some shots from 4 months agoimage.jpgimage.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Pete, nice progress from the nano to the big tank. You mentioned tank shots from four months ago….how does it look now?

I also amused myself when I saw this picture:

attachment.php

I was only reading up to the picture….and then looking at the picture…..and I’m thinking, “What did he have installed; a bunch of big boulders and a big sandbox?” I had to go back to reading your post to find out it was the generator, being hidden by the big boulders. Nice!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
great looking tank! a recent photo of the tank is much needed, must have some good growth on those frags!

Paul,

This is my mini Stone Hedge. They got these small guys while digging the propane tank trench. I will get some shots of the tank tomorrow, right now I have a three year old up using every trick she's got to not go back to bed lol!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Pete, nice progress from the nano to the big tank. You mentioned tank shots from four months ago….how does it look now?

I also amused myself when I saw this picture:

attachment.php

I was only reading up to the picture….and then looking at the picture…..and I’m thinking, “What did he have installed; a bunch of big boulders and a big sandbox?” I had to go back to reading your post to find out it was the generator, being hidden by the big boulders. Nice!

I thought he was working on the aquascape for his next upgrade, a 5,000 gallon tank, with sand rocks that big.

+1 to updated pics! Looks good!

Brian( thermosts),

Does this montipora look familiar? Hard to get the white polyps on it with the camera.image.jpg

Here are some shots from this AM. It is a mixed reef, 55 gal, with a 20 gal sump / refugium. 125 gal reef octopus skimmer, reefbreeder programmable led lights. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Still need to figure this text and pic thing out though.

Pete, if you copy the picture location (http//blah, blah, blah), and paste it between:

You will get the full size picture. Note the second parenthesis has a backslash…/

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brian( thermosts),

Does this montipora look familiar? Hard to get the white polyps on it with the camera.View attachment 4830

Looks like you've had some good growth! I love the white polyps on that piece. The mother colony is starting to plate in two directions so I might have to break off one and frag it again.

Thanks! As you can see I am running out of space, so why not!? My angle is to try all sorts of things and see what works and what I like so when I upgrade to a 90 gal this summer I can have a few of the kinks worked out.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks! As you can see I am running out of space, so why not!? My angle is to try all sorts of things and see what works and what I like so when I upgrade to a 90 gal this summer I can have a few of the kinks worked out.

:cough: Get a 120! :cough:

Brian( thermosts),

Does this montipora look familiar? Hard to get the white polyps on it with the camera.View attachment 4830

First, what is that monti? Second Brian when you do frag it again please remember me.

Pete, did you just use glue on the overflow to hold the frags there. I tried the same thing with monti's on the glass but could not get them to stay there. They would hold ok but is the wrasse blew by it, down it would come.

John, I just use superglue gel. First a take a green scrubber and scrub the plastic. Apply a liberal amount of glue gel and stick quick. It really holds well and as of now almost all have encrusted so are there to stay. I did it on a whim and the frags there grow the best. Wish I arranged them a bit better though. I finally got 2 new shoots off my pink lemonade from the encrusted growth. The red digi is spreading the fastest.

No idea what the montipora is called but it is quite pretty of it continues on its path I will need to trim it and let you know of I do. Had some fast growth there for a while then slowed down. I have been trying to figure out my calcium/ alk consumption. These corals are eating it up fast.