• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zoas shrinking/melting

Same thing happened to me when I had my Mini crash over the last couple months I did a bunch of water changes and the tank is back on track now. All my parameters were good icp test came back good. I never figured out what happened.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Man. I gotta tell you. With all that gear. All that experience and all of today’s resources. And your having what I would call a fairly serious issue. Sometimes it makes me feel like I don’t have a chance. Maybe I should have made a terrarium :confused:

everyone, no matter how much equipment and experience face issues! that's the only certainty in reefing:) that's why it's nice to have resources like this site.

Mags what you’re describing has happened to me before. Shrooms and zoas/palys shrinking and melting. Mind you this happened while other shrooms and zoas/palys have stayed at perfect health at the same time. i have my sump grounded, there are zero cords in my display. It’s was extremely frustrating, and I’m afraid I may never know what the cause was.

Same thing happened to me when I had my Mini crash over the last couple months I did a bunch of water changes and the tank is back on track now. All my parameters were good icp test came back good. I never figured out what happened.

i'm thinking i may never know the cause as well. was thinking of sending in my water for an ICP test but i'm going to hold off. i have a piece of poly filter running in my sump so i'll see if that shows any signs of heavy metals (which i doubt because i would think my 2 montis would have died and they look great!). gonna take all my zoas out and dip them in lugols today.