• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zubr's Red Sea Max 250 Upgrade

so I decided to upgrade to a bigger tank and this weekend bought a new all in on red sea max 250. any suggestions as how to improve the tank - please let me know and I will welcome any suggestions. I have decided to work on the lights and make some adjustments. pictures to show.

also, I will be open to any suggestions as to my mix reef livestock.

while working on lights

IMG_4900.jpg

the new tank

IMG_4899.jpg

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've never owned an all in one tank. It looks interesting. Can't wait to see it filled.
For live stock, keep an eye out on the vendors forum. They always have that something special that will catch your eye, and at a bargain.

thanks Mike. I will visit that forum later on too. I will fill up the tank by the end of the week and transfer LR and some corals. I think I will visit dr. Jim to buy my fish since I do not want to set up QT tank myself (space limited).

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If your in the area of GreenBrook this Sat. Stop in for the meeting. Theres gonna be some nice raffle frags there.
The tradition has been that the newbies always win.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This stinks! I'm REALLY starting to get Red Sea Max envy! Good luck with the tank and keep the progress pics coming.

To RSVP to a meeting, click the "Read More" link in the Upcoming Meeting block in the top center of any page. From there, click the RSVP link in the page that opens. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Good luck with it ! ;)

Isn't the quality great.......As far as the tank goes.. I would say the only thing that took me a bit to stabilize was the temp... it seems the thermometer is very touchy and I had to keep playing with it, a notch back & forth.... now I have it set good, but leave the skimmer hatch open and it stays pretty stable.... the lights attribute to the heat a lot, so if you are swapping lights you may or may not have the problem I did. I also have no media in it anymore... well besides the LR... when I do my W/C I suction mostly from the back left where most of the junk accumulates....I plan on using a submersible light in the back left with some cheato when I get around to it as well....
It's a great AIO tank.... very low maintenance so far for me..... ;)

ok, I made a trip to my LFS and bought this item. not sure if it will help or not, but I want to limit # of pests I move from my little tank to the new one.

IMG_4910.jpg

also, on Friday plan to make the switch. I will dip or rock in fresh water. Corals freshwater plus revive dip solution. any suggestions on how to limit other pests?

Good luck with the build. Also curious on what adjustments are you doing with the lights. Can we see what you are upgrading from?

the package from dr. foster and smith came with some tests that I ordered. yeah, I know some may say that not needed, but I just want to make sure... ???

IMG_4914.jpg

also, started preparing the live rock for tomorrow... those who went through it, know how much pain is involved with aquascaping.

IMG_4913.jpg

zubr74 said:
so I decided to upgrade to a bigger tank and this weekend bought a new all in on red sea max 250. any suggestions as how to improve the tank - please let me know and I will welcome any suggestions. I have decided to work on the lights and make some adjustments. pictures to show.

also, I will be open to any suggestions as to my mix reef livestock.

while working on lights

IMG_4900.jpg

the new tank

IMG_4899.jpg

what exactly did you end up doing to the lights to upgrade them?

lights storry: all lights were turning on and off at the same time. I just split them, so first only 2 turn on and next 4 are on different timer.