• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

39 gallon nano setup

After the lost of my 180 gallon display system, I quit for a year and in many days and nights that look back into my old tank photos, my heart and my stomach are churning. I talked to my superior commander with the help of my first son for a permission to setup a tank. at first we submit a proposal of 125 gallons wide, of cource that get turned down faster than the speed of 4G network. We regroup and resubmit a second proposal to 90 gallons, again, the proposal get scratch off the dinner table with NO. I then talked to my son and we submit the last one which is 39 gallons Oceanic tank that I still keep. The commander approved with a caviat that only simple corals. well, we have no choice but accept her terms.

Yesterday, I took the tank outside and drilled the hole to retrofit the glass-hole overflow. that is simple and done in 15 mins. the tank is cleaned and ready for this week plumbing. however, i don't know what to do with the sump-refugium since the space underneath the tank is so tinnnyyyyyy. I am thinking of buying some arcylic to built my own custom sump-refugium. My time is limited in setting up the tank. i have winter break between class since December 7 to January 05. within this time frame, I need to get the tank running for water cycle.

live stock in my list right now.
1) Mc cosker Flasher wrassee or Flame Wrasse (i had both before. I am crying right now)
2) Blenny (don't know which yet but want to thing small and colorful - I got one before at aquatic obsession. it red color forget the name - again cry louder)
3) Cleaner Shrimp
4) Red Mandarin dragon (only if i can growth live food and train it to eat mysis shrimp. tank need to completely mature - again crying louder , My son name it as dragon fish)
5) a pair of large clown fish. ( i use to have a natural pair maroon clown fish.)

Coral:

1)bubble tips aneme or frogspawn for hosting clown fish
2)some montipora like sunset, superman, rainbow
3) setosa, pink lemonade.

Olivier

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome back and good luck with the build. Custom king on MR builds custom sumps, you might want to look at some of his designs to see what he has done with smaller stands. What are the dimensions of the tank and stand?

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I see it took you several attempts but she finally caved in! I think you should have started bigger (like 500g) then worked your way down to like a 120g. :D

Still, at least you're back in the hobby Olivier! Good luck with the new build. I may have an RBTA for you. My large one split a while ago and the baby just moved to a spot where I might be able to get it out. If so, I'll try to keep it contained for you when you're ready.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
welcome back Olivier! no one can really stay away from this hobby. lol

Thank you all for the welcome back.

update of my bada$$ aqua scrape j/k
image_zps14e06bbf.jpg
[/URL]

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don’t know??? Is it me or is Olivier’s rock making an obscene gesture?

0f50474a-4da6-4242-a448-453abe336497_zps5d375ad4.jpg

I can only guess Olivier is making a statement about his old tank being wiped out.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was thinking the same thing. It's a monument to Sandy! I think everyone that lost a tank during Sandy gave her the middle finger at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul, you read my mind.

i changed my mind so this possibly the final. Base on the type of fish I'll keep, I need a lot of hiding places and crevices for copepot

@Jose7878
I use the old rock. I will cure it in place for 3 months at least. So stocking the tank won't start until May or April.

Lol the first thing I thought when I saw it was wow it looks like those rocks are flipping the bird... And sure enough when I got 2 page 2 others agreed. I really like the 2nd attempt. The simpler the better.

As a sheep citizen, I follow our country leaders. Please everyone even they are illegally come to this country.
so here it is.

WTF? I can not copy link here ?