• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 breeder......80 gallon style!

well, hi again! i was starting to build my 125 gallon. but things change in life, so it will have to sit and collect dust for a while longer. i ran into large batch of bad luck with my 40 breeder.basically a tank crash. so i started over.

with a lot of help from mike(hirobo) i am finally back on the right track! we tore the whole tank down. corals in frag tanks. sand in garbage. rocks, covered in aptasia, have been basking in the warm SUN!! HAHAHA cleaned the tank. installed a cpr over flow, and plumebed it into a 20 gallon sump. well i cracked that one!! bei clumbsy!

so mike was very kind and we worked out a trade for his 40 gallon. so now i have a 40 breeder with a 40gallon sump!! dammmmmnnnn!

well its early and im gettin ready for work. so i will post pics soon as i get home. so to recap:

40 gallon breeder
40 gallon sump
cpr overflow
800gph return pump
2-korilia 1's
hydor theo heater
175w metal halide

stay tuned............................

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
DanJ said:
what are you breeding in it?

A "40 Breeder" is a particle size tank that measures 36" wide by 18" deep by 19" high. I think it actually holds 45 gallons of water but somehow got the name 40, and not 45.

redfishbluefish said:
DanJ said:
what are you breeding in it?

A "40 Breeder" is a particle size tank that measures 36" wide by 18" deep by 19" high. I think it actually holds 45 gallons of water but somehow got the name 40, and not 45.

Lol thanks i feel stupid now ;D

ok i lied! i was gonna post pics tonight, but got into more construction and made a mess. not of the tank but my room. so tomorrow i will get this pics up for yas, and hopefully get some good comments and suggestions!! thanx all!!

ok, here ya go. put in what rock i had cured...sump is in, but need to redo the return line. there was a 20gal sump which cracked so the return needs to be higher. the skimmer cup just comes off under the stand..wheeeeew. still need to install supplemental lighting, and fan. also need a lot more sand for the fuge!

and now with the sump being so large, i have to build a cabinet for al my electric..enjoy!

florida09176.jpg

florida09177.jpg

florida09178.jpg

florida09179.jpg

florida09180.jpg

florida09181.jpg

florida09182.jpg

plans for this new tank are going to be acro heaven!
a bunch of wild zoa's lining the bottom of the rock work. and a couple softies/lps i just cant part with.

fish are going to be:

my two clowns
mated pair orangespot diamond gobys
one sunburst anthia
mystery wrasse
and one other no one can know about ::)

inverts will be:

three feather dusters
three sexy shrimp
one cleaner shrimp
one blue porcelein crab
cerith snails
astrena snails
nassarius snails
blue legged hermits
crazy crocea clam

corals??? a bunch i have plus picking from a huge list like this:

vivid valida acro
jedi mind trick undata
ora rose millepora
orange pavona
purple haze monti
PURPLE MONSTER ACRO
orange monti digitata
tri-color acro
green acro turaki
ora pearlberry
20,000 leagues lokani
ora blue voodoo staghorn
magneta stylophora
ora screaming green birdsnest
ora pink and green damicorns

i found all these at vivid aquariums online if u wanna see dem....thanks all!!!

thanx! yes, heater will go in the sump. just have it in the display temp, since i have to go pick up the return pump for the sump today

well its been a while since my last update! the tank is now fully operational! rock was cured, sump was fine tuned, coras were added as were fish. next step wil be another set of t-5 suppements. and of course more corals n fishies n inverts!! hope you enjoy! lemme know what ya think!

new8-9-09237-Copy.jpg

new8-9-09237.jpg

new8-9-09238.jpg

new8-9-09239.jpg

new8-9-09241.jpg

new8-9-09242.jpg

new8-9-09243.jpg

new8-9-09245.jpg

new8-9-09246.jpg

new8-9-09247.jpg

new8-9-09248.jpg

new8-9-09249.jpg

new8-9-09250.jpg

new8-9-09252.jpg

new8-9-09251.jpg

new8-9-09253.jpg

new8-9-09254.jpg

new8-9-09255.jpg

new8-9-09256.jpg

new8-9-09257.jpg

new8-9-09258.jpg

new8-9-09259.jpg

added new icecap 14k bub. biiiig difference! heres some pics. if you cant see the difference........i can!! lol

old bulb
new8-9-09255.jpg

new icecap 14k...two pics in two different modes
icecap002.jpg

icecap001.jpg