• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40g mixed reef

my kenya tree troubles are over tanks to classklown. the tank is doing pretty good and everything seems to be growing pretty quickly. i got a new bluish acro from the hidden reef that seems to be a little bit white. hopefully it will like my tank better. i plan on getting a few more acros and then ill probably stop adding corals except for small frags here and there. i tried my best to fix the white balance with photoshop

top down 2.jpgzoa2.jpgzoa .jpgtorch.jpgtop down.jpgstlyo.jpgruby blasto.jpgnew acro.jpgnem.jpggsp.jpggoniopora.jpgfts.jpgacro.jpgtop down 3.jpgzoas.jpg

Wow that tank is looking nice man

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Looks great! I'm really liking those blastos.
the blastos are growing so quickly
Really nice everything looks good and healthy

thanks for all the kind words everyone. a year ago i wasnt really sure if i would make it to this point. thanks to all the people who have helped me with various problems on here. now its time to get my tank up to par with most of the others i see on here

the blastos are growing so quickly

thanks for all the kind words everyone. a year ago i wasnt really sure if i would make it to this point. thanks to all the people who have helped me with various problems on here. now its time to get my tank up to par with most of the others i see on here

You are well on your way

Sent from my Galaxy S4

You have the touch. Time for a bigger tank.
ive been thinking about getting a bigger tank but i just set this one up last summer. one thing thats holding me back is i really want a rimless shallow tank thats at least 4 feet long as my next tank and they are kinda expensive these days. i was really really close to making a deal for a 110 RR acrylic tank but i went on vacation, spent all my money, and never called the guy back. another factor is ill be graduating this spring and plan on moving into my own place eventually. i dont want to set up a tank at my current residence and then have to move it 8 months later.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Good call in waiting to move, I have moved tanks more than I would ever want to and it is not fun. Check out the deep blue 80g "frag" tank. I have one and they are awesome and are 4 feet.

Good call in waiting to move, I have moved tanks more than I would ever want to and it is not fun. Check out the deep blue 80g "frag" tank. I have one and they are awesome and are 4 feet.
i've been eyeing one of those. its definitely towards the top of my wish list.

Looking good. I usually don't like bare bottom display tanks, but it looks good. Cool rockwork and coral shots too.
thanks, i can agree with you about the bare bottom. i think a nice fine white sand bottom is a lot prettier but im too lazy to have a sandbed lol. the only time i used a substrate was in my first 10g nano and i didnt like how hard it made it to clean.

things are growing nicely. i'm thinking im going to upgrade to a deep blue 80g frag tank or something similar. if i do that, i'll probably try to sell a lot of the corals i have with a few exceptions.
i have a lot of new additions, i kinda went crazy buying coral in november. the highlights are from WWC. i got a frag pack but im pretty sure i got their mummy eye chalice, halle berry zoas, cyphastrea, rainbow acan, psammocora (i think), and some kind of acan echinata i cant remember the name, someone has it as their avatar on here. i got a bunch of other frags. i took a lot of pictures.

FTS_zpsdeae2ff5.jpg

topshot2_zps14ae89f4.jpg

rubyblasto_zps7ca4cc89.jpg

rightside_zps3fb4e9b4.jpg

torch2_zps49e6c5db.jpg

acroos.jpgfrags3.jpgfrags4.jpgfrags5.jpgfragsss.jpgFTS.jpggsp.jpgGSP2.jpghalle berry.jpgfrags2.jpgfrags_top.jpgacros top.jpgacros.jpgblasto top.jpgblastooo.jpgcenter.jpgfraaags.jpgfraags.jpgfrags.jpghulk  palys.jpg

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Really nice tank. Everything looks very healthy and happy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk