• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

92g Corner Build

Please feel free to disagree as I have not had chemistry in a long long time. But if I am not mistaken. High c02 lowers PH. Low salt levels (and 1.022 is a little low) allows greater concentrations of co2. Although I’m sure it’s not a solution to your issue. I would get the salinity to 1.026 plus there are other biological functions taking place that are just better at proper salinity.

As long as we are asking. Did raising your parameters help with your little tank issue. Are things looking happier?

And.... I apologize in advance for walking on your thread Mark. Diana, you always take the time to ask everyone how things are going. And that’s awesome. But I just searched a billion pages, give or take one or two. And I can’t find a build page, tale of tank or or photos on your tank... so I am asking you. How’s your tank... how about a tale or two :)

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
46CBB61F-6C98-409F-9454-E40330E99B99.jpeg
And.... I apologize in advance for walking on your thread Mark. Diana, you always take the time to ask everyone how things are going. And that’s awesome. But I just searched a billion pages, give or take one or two. And I can’t find a build page, tale of tank or or photos on your tank... so I am asking you. How’s your tank... how about a tale or two :)

Sorry Mark too :)

I torn down my 40b yesterday and it’s currently has a power head circulating the bleach I added. The Real Reef rocks are in a bin for the last 6 weeks curing. I gave them a vinagar, and a bleach bath 7 weeks ago. The new corals have been in the three qt along with one fish in each tank. Now that the kids are out of school, I’ll be working on my new 75g. Don’t look forward to plumbing:confused:

View attachment 23488

Sorry Mark too :)

I torn down my 40b yesterday and it’s currently has a power head circulating the bleach I added. The Real Reef rocks are in a bin for the last 6 weeks curing. I gave them a vinagar, and a bleach bath 7 weeks ago. The new corals have been in the three qt alone with one fish in each tank. Now that the kids are out of school, I’ll be working on my new 75g. Don’t look forward to plumbing:confused:

Look forward to the tale ;)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
No worries about the thread.
Tested yesterday and Alk was at 7, up 1, Calc at 320.
I dosed a second time and will see today or tomorrow.
Working on getting SG up, may add saltwater to top off.

You can go much heavier with fish only. And it will completely eradicate just about any algae but better to go slow with coral. However. I recently made a mistake and used 35 percent that I did not realize was not cut. Skimmer was very unhappy and coral closed up for a day. Tank was immaculate hahaha. But no apparent issue with coral. Still I don’t recommend putting 35 percent in your water. That is really really strong and not needed as 3 percent does the trick

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
With dinos was dosing taht amount an water was crystal clear with no algae. But inverts did not like it so trying to find a happy medium.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
The peroxide helps with controlling algae? If yes, wouldn't that help the dinos to become stronger? If one has hair algae, there wouldn't be any dinos in the tank.

Actually. I believe peroxide also is somewhat affective on Dino’s. But I will look for reference material before I bet the house on that

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Actually. I believe peroxide also is somewhat effective on Dino’s. But I will look for reference material before I bet the house on that

This is a mixed discussion. 1st time peroxide rid my dinos and 2nd time it just kept in check, meaning not better or worse. I book marked some and will place here.
I am still working on that Library link site.