• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

92g Corner Build

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Should I be concerned?
I left water in the overflow to see if it leaks over time. The drain is fine but the return....
It's not leaking / dripping but if I put a paper towel against it is a tiny bit wet.
It will be hard to trying and tighten in this position plus it's fairly tight and worried about cracking the glass.
Options other than gluing to the tank?

Should I be concerned?
I left water in the overflow to see if it leaks over time. The drain is fine but the return....
It's not leaking / dripping but if I put a paper towel against it is a tiny bit wet.
It will be hard to trying and tighten in this position plus it's fairly tight and worried about cracking the glass.
Options other than gluing to the tank?

Concerned... possibly. But it’s common for pressurized connections to “ sweat “. And usually you will get a pinch of salt creep for a few weeks from it and then it just stops. Keep an eye on it and see what others think. On a side note. My return did the same thing. I determined the hard pipe was a little stressed do to not perfect installation on my part. I cut six inches of the pipe out and used tubing and hose clamp to connect it. Stress went away and leak stopped

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was able to tighten a bit.
But seems it's leaking from the inside. White box pipe you push into bulk head. I managed to push it down a bit more. So will see.
I assume underpinning and salt creep it will not be a major issue.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
're reading the comment from MRX.
I put the gasket on the inside not outside under the tank.
Is that wrong? Was told outside basketballs punch and cause a leak.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Checking how to install via Google gasket goes on wet side. Whew!

Next question.
The piece in pic hours inside return bulk head but fits loosely. Doesn't fall out but worried. Should I glue it in and if so what should I use? Aquarium glue, once glue, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_122459.jpg
    IMG_20190413_122459.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 15
Back to the gasket. Yes absolutely inside. And in my experience hand tight plus 1/8 turn. It is easy to over tighten Snug is all you want. Viewing your pic. I ain’t that just pvc. If so. Pvc cement it

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am done tightening them. I assume problem is only when return pump is off. Glue should help prevent leaks.

Going to use Loctite clear silicone to glue grey piece to rerun bulk head. Its supposed to be aquarium safe.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
These are the lights that came with the tank.
A strip light of blue / white.
Looks like a coralife or aqueon fixture.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ugh!!!

So put all the plumbing for sump together and started to add water.
I then realized hey add to sump and pump it through to see if the connections hold.
Well they are leaking in 2 spots.
1-from the bulk head I glued the adapter to
2-from the 1/2 connection going to bulk head.
Any ideas how to fix? Will try and get a pic/vid.

Mark_C you be quiet.......hahahaha

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Here is a short video. I went to clamp the vinyl tube and guess what??? The grey PVC fitting came off. The silicone glue did not hold well. What else can I use?
I did get a clamp on the tube so got that going for me.