• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A few pictures of my tank

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thanks everyone. Most of the acans, the favia, the superman monti, the lobo, reverse watermelon chalice, some zoas and no name chalice are all from Greg. The superman monti grows like crazy and has awesome polyp extension. I'll be in next time I'm up that way maybe this weekend. Thanks again everyone.

howze01

NJRC Member
That's funny. Our Superman Monti is the same way. You can't really see any blue, it's all red from the polyps. A very nice monti!

Very nice so how long have you been using the deep blue light? I heard they burn out a lot. Bit that was a while ago so I hope they fixed that problem.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I've had the fixture for a little over a year. Bulbs are changed every 6 months and I have not had any burn out. I really like the light except for the legs it stands on.

Just curious. Cause I have the same fixture just 24". Why change the bulbs every 6 months. With the fans shouldn't they last upwards of a year. Again just curious. Your doing something right cause the tank looks awesome.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Should have been a little more specific. Bulbs that are run 12 hrs a day are changed every 6 months and the others at 8 months. I really try to keep things as consistent as I possibly can and this is another way I have found to do it. I know it seems excessive and some may disagree but it has been working for me.

Hey sounds good to me. I was mainly just curious since I'm running the same light, and I can only hope for the same results.

Last edited:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Can anyone ID this piece. I know it's from ORA but I can't remember the name.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330108654.844780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330108654.844780.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 66
Very nice.

In regards to the fixtures I heard the same thing about the Ballasts burning out but it seems to be the early models of them. I have had mine going for 6 months without any problems and again like you, I just don't care for the legs, but at the same time I dont want to hang them from the wall.

What are those pink zoas called?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If you're talking about the pinks on the egg crate they are no namers I picked up from zoanthids.com at the swap.

I know it's an Ora piece. I have a garf bonsai and it looks much different. Purple is much darker.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Haven't posted any pictures lately here's a few full tank shots I took really quick. I plan on getting the camera out and getting some better shots this week.
4c750c8b-ea0d-5acd.jpg

4c750c8b-ea47-824b.jpg

4c750c8b-eb54-ab8f.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yep, those work although they're kinda small. However, for some reason I can see the larger pics you originally posted.

I agree with Darren... tank looks great Kevin.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thanks guys. I think my tank is finally hitting its "stride". Thing are growing really well and I'm finally starting to like the aquascape. It's also pretty cool comparing the newer pictures to the older ones in the thread. Tank is starting to look pretty packed. Might be time for something bigger. Just don't tell my girlfriend...lol