• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acropower

I decided to dedicate a thread to my (and any others) results when using acropower so as to not clutter my build thread. Here are some before and after pics about 2 weeks into dosing AP.

Before pearlberry
y8uhygen.jpg

After (placement was not changed, the loripes colony behind it was moved slightly so it shows now in the after. Also the light looks slightky different, that is my phone. No lighting was changed and the colors shown were true to the eye when photographed)
5u7aryza.jpg

Before ASD icicle stag
jenezama.jpg

After
yhu7u3yd.jpg

Before Tyree Microphalma
etybe2av.jpg

One week in
2atu6ave.jpg

2 weeks in
y5u8ene5.jpg

Before A. Caroliniana
ehetypys.jpg

After(this is hard to tell vut the first pic shows coralites with nothing extended, this pic shows them barely coming out. This is not a acro with large PE regardless)
u5u5a3er.jpg

Before
6yqysyvy.jpg

After
suta8eze.jpg

Before Inferno milli
yby7a4uh.jpg

After( I have seen the best results in this)
5u9ysu2u.jpg

Some results may be hard to tell by the photos but everything has benefited in some way or form. Some get better PE, some better growth, some added color and some a combo.

I notice better color and PE on my millis especially and better growth and PE on my stags.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Awesome, really great progress pics. I have been using Acropower for awhile now along with CoralAmino and Reef Energy as they are the most affordable amino supplements in the hobby. I must say they all work great.

Awesome, really great progress pics. I have been using Acropower for awhile now along with CoralAmino and Reef Energy as they are the most affordable amino supplements in the hobby. I must say they all work great.

Have you noticed a rise in nitrate or phosphate?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Have you noticed a rise in nitrate or phosphate?

Well, I dose half the recommended dosage for my tank with the supplements and alternate them every other day to try and reduce a long term spike. I would never dose all three at the same time, that would definitely cause a significant spike in NO/PO.

When my frag tank was running and eventually will do the same on my current tank..my dosing usually looked like this..

M - Acropower
W - Reef Energy A+B
F - Coral Amino

I must say, doing this made everything just pop. all my SPS were just coloring up quickly and showing great signs of health. The SPS from an organized member group buy were all thriving in my 40b frag tank while I know a few members were having trouble (not saying it was from the aminos that i was dosing but I would like to think they helped with the recovery) I wish I had pics but I'm not the type to take pictures of my tank that often. I'm kinda glad I didn't take a lot of pics, I would probably cry looking at them lol

Well, I dose half the recommended dosage for my tank with the supplements and alternate them every other day to try and reduce a long term spike. I would never dose all three at the same time, that would definitely cause a significant spike in NO/PO.

When my frag tank was running and eventually will do the same on my current tank..my dosing usually looked like this..

M - Acropower
W - Reef Energy A+B
F - Coral Amino

I must say, doing this made everything just pop. all my SPS were just coloring up quickly and showing great signs of health. The SPS from an organized member group buy were all thriving in my 40b frag tank while I know a few members were having trouble (not saying it was from the aminos that i was dosing but I would like to think they helped with the recovery) I wish I had pics but I'm not the type to take pictures of my tank that often. I'm kinda glad I didn't take a lot of pics, I would probably cry looking at them lol

Good deal.
I was looking at KZs Pohl's Xtra but it's a little pricey. One of my main concerns with dosing any AAs was a nutrient spike. Thanks for the detailed response.

Yup still kicking. Not much has changed since the initial change but everything is growing and encrusting very nicely with the same great PE

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have read a lot about this product, so i orderd some.Cannot wait till wed next week.

are you still seeing the best results on the milli's or has everything come to like it equally?

Definitely best on the millies but everything has benefited in PE and color. Growth somewhat but not as significant

I have read a lot about this product, so i orderd some.Cannot wait till wed next week.

Just ordered a bottle as well, 1000ml off amazon :) we shall see

You two will love it

ive managed to color up all but one of my corals, but they are all very pale and pastely - i was told this is because they are starving. so i ordered some acropower to see if i can rectify the situation. im feeling optimistic about it.

You guys wont be dissapointed. Ive been swamped with school and my two internships but ill update soon

I've used it and had some positive results not a big change but a better change. I dosed a little extra for a few days and notice the water was I bit hazy. Anyone else notice this? I calculated 8.5 ml a day and dosed 11 a day. Everything still looks good but I cut back a bit

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I was dosing this for a while, and my acros looked great. Unfortunately is spiked my phosphates as well so just be careful with that. I stopped dosing until I get my phosphates under control. I think it is a good product, but just keep an eye on your phosphates.