• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acropower

ive been dosing 3mL daily - no change in the corals (yet); but my phosphates did go from 0ppm to 0.4ppm (but i also started dosing 1mL phytoplankton daily as well - so i dont know what caused the phosphates).
in theory, i dont see why there would be any phosphorus in acropower - its an amino acid suppliment; and the standard protein-building amino acids do not have phosphorus.

Maybe phosphorylation? So the phosphates are attaching to the amino acids rather than binding with gfo and/or being used by algae. I'm sure Paul will chime in

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

i guess its possible - but i know at least at intracellular conditions, the addition of inorganic phosphate onto an organic molecule has a highly unfavorable free energy.
also i would be surprised if my algae and bacteria were incapable of utilizing phosphorylated amino acids.
like i said, i suspect that the phosphorus is coming mostly if no entirely from the phytoplankton i also started adding. since that lists several organisms as the ingredients - and all cells are bound to have phosphorus.
i will continue to monitor and see whats up.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
but i know at least at intracellular conditions, the addition of inorganic phosphate onto an organic molecule has a highly unfavorable free energy.
utilizing phosphorylated amino acids.
like i said, i suspect that the phosphorus is coming mostly if no entirely from the phytoplankton i also started adding. since that lists several organisms as the ingredients - and all cells are bound to have phosphorus.
i will continue to monitor and see whats up.

What the heck is this!!!! English people.... my head hurt reading that LOL

I'm on board

Dosed my first dose last night. I only dosed a bit less than half of the recommended of each product. I plan to slowly ramp up each week.
001_zps61a28d04.jpg

so my nitrates stayed very low, and so i increased my acropower dosing to get more N in the tank. with phytoplankton cut, and acropower increased, by phosphates went down, and nitrates twitched up (barely changed). so i dont think acropower is responsible for my minor spike in phosphates.
but none of this was a control study so it proves nothing - no statistical significance with case study of 1 subject and all that.

also, im seeing better coloration, and possibly better PE in a few corals as opposed to a few weeks ago. ill try to get new pics to post along with the old i have saved.

Started using it, probably my fault, but I'm attributing my phosphate spike to this, most sps are bleaching. I was dosing 5ml which it says should be for 25 gals once a week. My systems around 35 gals after displacement. Could be something else, but since i dosed the acropower no other params have changed so I'm pretty sure its what did my sps in.

Ouch that sucks

Yep it does, my slimer and a few others browned out a bit, my monti is bleaching. The slimer i think is a goner but most look like they should hopefully recover, but if i ever dose again im literally going to cut it in half if not more.

Thought I'd add, I'm not even sure what this coral is but I started dosing at 50% on Sunday and here is what it looked like:

It's now Thursday and there are now there are some tentacles out most of the day:

Oh and this is new: