• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

another new tank

I had to stray from my origanal design with the plumbing cause oh the lack of room.

Here is the progress so far.

100_0577.jpg

100_0576.jpg

100_0582.jpg

100_0580.jpg

Thanks Gabe, I still have alot to do... lighting, hook up the cal reactor, move the water, sand & rocks from the old tanks, make all the wires and stuff nice and neat and then hopefully I'll finally be done...lol I wish my 120 was closer so I could get all the tank's on one system, I'm happy with that setup for now anyway.

I tied it into my frag tank system 40 gal frag tank and 40 gal sump, the new tank is a perfecto 80 gallon bow, I used 1 1/4" drain with a 1" return since that what came with the tank. I'm using the gen X 40 for the return pump, I still have to decide which lighting I want to go with, I wanted to use MH & T5's but only have enough room for one. If I decide to go with MH I'm not sure which bulbs to use since there wouldn't be any actinic's.

with mh i think the 14k phenix looks pretty nice, i used to have them and they give a nice blue color, and the grow is not that bad

Why did you switch from them? I don't like the 14K XM's I have one on my frag tank now. I was thinking of trying the iwaski 14K's or radium 20K, but I heard the radium don't last long. I hate trying to choose a bulb without knowing how they would look.

NICE work! You are SO far ahead of me. I'm green with envy here. Feel like taking a 30 minute ride up north to "plumb" mine? :eek:

---
Wendy

Actually my friend who is a plumber did the plumbing for me :) I just drew a bad drawing and he took it from there..lol

I'll help you any way I can Wendy just ask :)

Just take your time and don't rush I wish I was doing everything new it would be a lot easier than moving 2 tanks to 1, sand is a real *itch to move.

Almost done, I was able to fit 1 t5 bulb along the back I'm trying the URI super actinic bulb. Now all I have to do is get 2 250 watt bulbs and I can move rock, corals and fish from the old tank. Wait for the Hydor 4 pumps to come in, setup the calcium reactor and buy new corals ;D

100_0585.jpg

100_0584.jpg

Thanks Absinthe, It actually was done a couple of weeks ago, it helped combining 2 tanks worth of rock and sand into 1, it made it go a lot faster. I'll get more pic's tommorrow.

Someone please help me wipe the drool off my mouth.

GORGEOUS setup. Truly stunning! :) I LOVE how you did everything, arranged everything and how it looks. B E A U T I F U L.

---
Wendy

KennyZush said:
Looks great!
Lots of happy fish!
Kenny Z.

Thanks, they are much happier now, since they are out ot the 46 gallon

JerseyWendy said:
Someone please help me wipe the drool off my mouth.

GORGEOUS setup. Truly stunning! :) I LOVE how you did everything, arranged everything and how it looks. B E A U T I F U L.

---
Wendy

Thank you Wendy, your too kind :)