• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any 3D Printer Fanatics - in the house

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
So I'm looking at the Ender 3 V2 with the glass plate and new screen/interface.
The head rises from the plate to perform the build.
It's $269 at the best price with next day shipping.

If I drop and additional $40 I can upgrade to the metal extruder and the metal hot end.

That's $310 for the newest version of the 3 with upgrades.
But I'm limited to 200x200x250 (approx 8x8x10)

If I go with the 5 it has a metal extruder, older screen/interface, and I'm unsure of the hot end.
The plate drops from the head to complete the build.
Its $339 at the cheapest, but I do get a 300mm tall build (12)

So they seem close.

The 3 v2 has the new interface, the glass bed, all metal upgrades, and a build height of 10" for $309

The 5 has the old interface, magnetic bed, at least a metal extruder, and a build height of 12" for $339

This is where my anal retentiveness comes in and it takes me a month to debate between the two.

@Mark_C is the one you're looking at?

And now you know why im stuck in limbo..... @Sponge just tell me which one to buy.... so i can blame you if it doesnt work !!!!!!!!!

LOL
Hahahahah. I feel the one and only problem with the 3 that I have a real problem with. Above all other things. Is the print head being mounted from one side only. (The left). The right side is just a guide. I have to play with leveling and adjusting every print. It’s very frustrating. Don’t get me wrong. It prints great. I just wouldn’t get another machine that hangs from one side again. At any price.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
@Mark_C[/USER] is the one you're looking at?

Its between these 2...

Its between these 2...

I feel the 120 bucks. Is more than worth the larger bed and way better print head mounting method. You can alway upgrade a part here and there

I am. If you are comparing the 3 and the 5. But you all need to give me a couple of hours. I’m checking something out Don’t run out an order anything just yet

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
remember you will be trouble shooting any problems anyway.... LOL

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
OK, I got the 3 V2 2020 version, with the extruder and hot end upgrades in my Amazon cart.

I've also got the 5 Pro in the cart with a glass base upgrade.

Will wait on the Filamentmaster's advice before ordering.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I hear you Matt. My wife bought a Cricut a few years ago and then decided she wanted the heat press. The one they recommend for it was small and not versatile. So 2 years ago for XMAS I bought her a real heat press, bigger surface area and came with several attachments. She can no press T-Shirt, caps, plates and mugs.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I’m hoping he goes with 5. Given that mark and I independently arrived at that one means it has promise.