• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any gamers in the house?

hi all---i'm not a ' gamer ' so to speak---the game i play is making sure my wife doesn't find out the ' REAL ' price i paid for something fish tank related, and,
trying to convince her that that ' new fish ' she sees in the tank has been in the tank for awhile!!!!
Steve

jimroth said:
Halo 2 and Halo 3 when I can elbow the kids outta the way...the Xbox is my first console ever, still seems like a new experience (and a huge waste of time). Plus we have a Wii but we mostly just do the Wii-games, the kids play Super Smash Bros. Is there any danger to letting my kids on Xbox live? My son did the trial and said people were using foul language...

I am not familiar with xbox live, but with any internet play, (i.e. Blizzard's battlenet) it's "wide" open and unless they are setting up a game with friends - its really "anything goes".

How about board games - anyone still play RISK? Axis & Allies?

As soon as I get off my puter i'm putting in GTA4 for the first time. If i'm not back online for a few days... you'll know why.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeNapoli said:
As soon as I get off my puter i'm putting in GTA4 for the first time. If i'm not back online for a few days... you'll know why.

I'm afraid to buy it for the same reason! Let me know how it is. I'm sure the regular game play is awesome but I'm really curious about the online play. I heard it was pretty good but I'm VERY spoiled by COD.

JohnS_323 said:
MikeNapoli said:

I'm afraid to buy it for the same reason! Let me know how it is. I'm sure the regular game play is awesome but I'm really curious about the online play. I heard it was pretty good but I'm VERY spoiled by COD.

It was good. Not great though. I think it's very similar to all the other GTA's with more talking in the background. There's alot of sexual connotations.

I didn't get a chance to go online. So i'm not sure about that part of it yet.

GTA was always a great game. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

GTA is the bane of my youth group. 12 and 13 year old kids think it's perfectly OK to bring to church and play. ::)

Yes Phil, there are still Risk players out there! I don't play often but my son and his college friends play it as a break from World of Warcraft.

My 23 year old daughter is into monopoly. She actually has a collection of different monopoly games.