• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anybody have a good story about beating Cyanobacteria

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mark_C said this above Magnesium will help. I use to buy Tech-M but now get ESV Bionic Magnesium from ACC. I dose weekly to keep algae in check. Flow is important as I have to point the power heads at different directions to ensure I was getting good flow through out the tank. I plan to use dual PHs once I find and clean them.

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I use the ESV for Alk and Cal - I probably need to get the mag well. I dose with Sicce for mag now- Where do you keeps yours. I am at around 1350

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have to pickup another test kit to measure but I only dose a few milliliters. I have bunch stuff to order just waiting for the $$$ so I can order all at once and get free shipping. LOL

I have used chemiclean twice as a reset and both times had very good results. Your take will look cleaner than ever. I had cyano when I moved tank and made some big changes. You should not have the problem once your tank is mature and balanced.
I use chemiclean 3-4 times a year. Just follow the directions and let your skimmer run without the collection cup.

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am still fighting but winning right now. Not sure I have figured out my source so don't want to go there yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
f6257c10de855664694ef57aea63bf71.jpg

About to vacuum little pockets out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk