• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

April meeting at TSM corals!!!

April meeting at TSM corals!!!
Posted by kschweer
1000 Delsea Drive, Unit G-2 Westville, NJ 08093
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
I had a great time and you out out quite a spread. The corals and facility looked awesome. Can't wait to see your future plans come to a reality. Lots of luck and see you soon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WOW- Knew I spent a bunch for me, but got a good bang for the buck as it took me a good while to find a new home for everything. Sure things will need to be adjusted slightly, especially when trying to fit an enormous colony of hammer into the mix.

@Daniel, deal with me first next time....I was expecting the Purple Colony, Jason Fox Chalice and Favia. You have me three tubs then pulled out a 4th tub and asked if I wanted a second Chalice, and i was like sure, but then we never went through with it. SO I was kinda bummed when I got home. Woulda liked the Favia. Maybe you just make it up to me with 2 heads at the next meeting.

It was GREAT meeting everyone. Feel like I fit right in...Lots of great tanks you have there people! Keep up the good work.

Eric, you have to post photos. How is the hammer colony doing? Did it survive ride?

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Looks like it was a great meeting. Sorry to have missed it. Thanks to TSM for supporting the club and inviting us into you place of business. Thanks to the old members thats turned up and helped welcome the "newbies" AND thanks to the new folks for taking interest in the club. This is exactly what NJRC is about and the BOD is going to work hard this year to hold great meetings, grow membership and have and awesome swap in the fall.

erics210

NJRC Member
Eric, you have to post photos. How is the hammer colony doing? Did it survive ride?
Well everything transferred pretty well. As you saw it had broken up a little before i got my hands on it, but the way i braced it in the cooler. No further damage. The two smaller sections fit nicely into holes in a larger live rock. the large stalk I currently have on the sand floor leaning on live rock. I plan to get a piece of dry rock and drill a hole to act as a stand. Will be placing it in the back right half of the tank, just to the left of the right overflow box.

I did have an issue where I thought I wiped out that 30 head colony, 2 chalices, pink gonoporia and the blue blasto I won in the raffle....
I added higher concentration salt directly to the display tank over them and burned alot of tissue off the two chalices, and the hammer, and pink Gs closed up for a long long time.

they both opened up alot today. Not 100% but I think they will be fine. just the slight damage to the chalices, which still have the eyes and lots of tissue to hopefully heal.

Funny thing is you can barely FIND that HUGE Colony in the full tank view. Thats why it was a good fit for this tank.
Needed some impact. Everything I have is so small...
Even the huge green leather stalk which gets to be 10-12 inches at mud day looks small in the background of the large hammer colony.
Pink Goniopora is just to the left of the hammer (Far enough for any sweepers.

the mid size colony is happy with my FrogSpawn.

hammer large size.jpg Hammer mid size.jpg Jason Fox Alien eye Signature Chalice 2.jpg Pink Gino.jpg Right side 5-1-2016.jpg Right side 5-1-2016.jpg tank 5-1-2016.jpg

Well everything transferred pretty well. As you saw it had broken up a little before i got my hands on it, but the way i braced it in the cooler. No further damage. The two smaller sections fit nicely into holes in a larger live rock. the large stalk I currently have on the sand floor leaning on live rock. I plan to get a piece of dry rock and drill a hole to act as a stand. Will be placing it in the back right half of the tank, just to the left of the right overflow box.

I did have an issue where I thought I wiped out that 30 head colony, 2 chalices, pink gonoporia and the blue blasto I won in the raffle....
I added higher concentration salt directly to the display tank over them and burned alot of tissue off the two chalices, and the hammer, and pink Gs closed up for a long long time.

they both opened up alot today. Not 100% but I think they will be fine. just the slight damage to the chalices, which still have the eyes and lots of tissue to hopefully heal.

Funny thing is you can barely FIND that HUGE Colony in the full tank view. Thats why it was a good fit for this tank.
Needed some impact. Everything I have is so small...
Even the huge green leather stalk which gets to be 10-12 inches at mud day looks small in the background of the large hammer colony.
Pink Goniopora is just to the left of the hammer (Far enough for any sweepers.

the mid size colony is happy with my FrogSpawn.

View attachment 13141 View attachment 13142 View attachment 13143 View attachment 13144 View attachment 13145 View attachment 13145 View attachment 13146

Wow! Nice size tank.

Some of the gems I got under my blues
145ea92f51fe849f291876cc845130ff.jpg

bafed2210d8d4d270bf097540e84b560.jpg

831a6c1edb0bc62ec6139d44b5cbf615.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk