• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

aquarium center in blackwood NJ

i have had luck with value so far...i bought a xenia frag from aquarium center and it melted away within 2 days...everything else in my tank was doin great so...i called it a meltin xenia instead of a pulsing lol...value cant compare to the aquarium center with quantity but quality is pretty equal...plus there prices aren't that bad ...

I don't know guys. AC is having a salt sale. just picked up 2 buckets(200 gal) of kent salt for 39.99. Reef Crystals are 35.99 bucket. Instant Ocean bucket 29.99
Plus i bought two 250watt 10K XM bulbs 64.99 ea. I think they are good prices.

I do understand Dom has a lot of young inexperienced workers right now. But it has been my experience people come and go in these types of jobs. Just about the time you starting getting them trained their gone.

yeah but the good ones dont just come and go they get pushed out the doors by dom's mood swings...myself being among the 3 guys < dave and pat > are the others> that learn the system back in salt...get to know the customers...next thing u know Dom is shoutin and blamin u for things that u have no control over...the young kids are there because they have no responsibilities...steve is the guy left with all the burden of blame...if u go there ask for steve to help u cause the young guys have no clue....

I would swear Dom is a ghost... I've been in there a thousand times and have NEVER seen him in there. I have been in during the weekdays, nights on weekdays and at all hours of the weekend...

He's a ghost. I think you guys are making him up :p

1101041.jpg

I was there the other day. Living in Deptford and I never knew it was there all this time. I shopped around for a bit and bought a few dry goods. Here was my take.

Staff: Friendly and knowledgeable in the dry goods area. No one even wandered over to the fish section for the 25 minutes I was in there wandering around

Dry Goods : Good variety, prices seemed reasonable for a typical brick-n-mortar

Freshwater Fish : Large variety, some tanks well over stocked with visibly sick/dying fish in the tanks

Salties: Nice variety though many tanks either overstocked and/orlarge specimens in very small tanks
Prices seemed very high compared to SeaTrade and other semi-local's
Dead fish and a few visibly dying in the display tanks. Most disturbing was when I mentioned it
at checkout neither the older/thinning/balding gentleman or the younger guy seemed to care.

Inverts: Small selection
Corals : Limited and not looking that great
Live Rock : Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced at $7/lb (if I remember right). The place (value pet's I think) on 130
has it for $5. SeaTradeMarine in Medford for tween $3-4. All fully cured.

So, I'd give it a 6. I'll treat it like a WaWa. I'll stop in if I'min a pinch but I'll do my major purchases somewhere else.

sick, dying and diseased fish in display tanks is a real turnoff

1st post!

So yeah, this is basically the only LFS I use only because it's the only one with relatively decent prices (in terms of dry goods only...). I get in, get what I need, and get out, because if I stay too long one of their guys will convince me to get an anenome for my biocube...

S

shinningballs

they are giving 10% discount :p on livestock for the members of njrc just show your id ;D sweet ;)

Went there Thursday I though there was alot of stuff to choose from unlike alot of other stores. Didn't see one ill fish. :eek: left with 2 clown fish and some snails. Though it was smart that they put your inverts in plastic cup things.

Ive been to AC a few times. Last time was this past sunday - July 6th.
Went to buy all the assorted products i needed to start my first s/w tank (a 35 gal hex tank) from AC and went back to get livestock and extra food. I like the store - wide selection of parts/products/fish. Have had mostly good experiences there (besides buying a sick clownfish the first time i got a fish from there - he died in 3 days but i never qt'd him and didnt have anything to treat the body fungus once it was apparent on his body).

Seems like their dry goods prices have increased somewhat since the last time i was there. Probably will start to order products online to save some money.
Livestock i will continue to purchase from there as their selection seems to have broadened somewhat - various diff species of clowns (false and true percs, tomato, clarkii, maroon and even black and white percs!) and a few diff species of triggerfish where they only had huma's the last time i was there a few months ago.
There were a few sick or dying fish here and there in the tanks but I guess that is going to happen in such overcrowded tanks.

All in all, AC is a good LFS in my opinion. Good livestock selection makes up for their high prices for dry goods.

-Ralph

Took a trip down to Aquarium center today... Wasnt too impressed with any of the coral tanks although there were a few very nice peices (biiit out of my price range) I was informed however that their live rock tank (the one under the first coral tank) is going to become a huge acan tank instead and should be stocked within the next 2 weeks, So any acan enthusiasts in the area may want to stop by one day. Just a heads up :p

Went there today also, wasn't impressed with the coals at all. Prices on corals seems a bit high considering what they had. Still left with a few fish.

I beleive i was there with you. I had a white hat and a black undershirt on. I think you got 2 Heniochus If i am thinking of the correct person :) Their prices are usually pretty high for the quality of the corals that are there... hopefully the acans are a little better

Xavier613 said:
I beleive i was there with you. I had a white hat and a black undershirt on. I think you got 2 Heniochus If i am thinking of the correct person :) Their prices are usually pretty high for the quality of the corals that are there... hopefully the acans are a little better
That was me

I was there today, they put some new corals in the old live rock tank, I just breezed by looking for someone working there for some bulkheads ($9 a piece!). I wasn't impressed, I still feel they are charging a lot for the live stock they carry.

Xavier613 said:
rogah that... do we get a member discount there or nope?

Yea 10%... Just tell them you are a NJRC member and they will set up your account with it.

Dan and I have been back there plenty of times over the past few weeks and the staff have been extremely helpful and friendly every step of the way.

-Ralph