• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

aquarium

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have been dealing with a local LFS for the purchase of a 75g. I have been in his store 5 times since May. Dec 6th was the last time I was at his store. They take down my email, phone number and tank info. Never get a reply. So I am giving up with him. Can anyone recommend a LFS in Monmouth county(or close to) for a tank purchase that is reliable?

Are you looking for a specific brand? Style?
I'll keep my eyes open.

I know someone selling a 65 gallon Red Sea Max with rocks, sand, current lights, wave makers and Bluetooth control for $900.00

Looks similar to the photo.

Attachments

• 20191227_125651.jpg
    20191227_125651.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
+1 with aquatic obsession “will”can order anything for you. 75 gallon are not common reef tanks. 90 gallons are around the same price point and will come reef ready. 90 gallon is also a better dimensions for corals.
They have a 90 tall and 90 long.

I don’t know what your budget is but tanks are one of those things you should always buy used. You see ad on all forum of good tanks almost new selling cheap.

This is a nice tank

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I would prefer new. I have a 90g Deep Blue non reef ready that was purchased from Tropiquarium...sure do miss the store and employees! It’s too deep for me to reach the bottom. The 75g standard is a better reach.

I called Petsmart to see if they sell 75g Marineland. They don’t but do sell their own brand. the store manager told me to call customer service. CS told me the 75g is temp glass, and the same with Petco.

not looking for a custom tank or starphire glass. Just a standard 75g 48x18x20. I had asked the local LFS for a price on standard Marineland 75g and also Marineland Corner-flo black. If I did the non reef ready standard tank, I would use Modular Marine overflow

I will make a trip to Aquatic. This will be my first visit. Thanks!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Call the store and order it. They don’t have a lot of tanks in the store.

I would prefer new. I have a 90g Deep Blue non reef ready that was purchased from Tropiquarium...sure do miss the store and employees! It’s too deep for me to reach the bottom. The 75g standard is a better reach.

I called Petsmart to see if they sell 75g Marineland. They don’t but do sell their own brand. the store manager told me to call customer service. CS told me the 75g is temp glass, and the same with Petco.

not looking for a custom tank or starphire glass. Just a standard 75g 48x18x20. I had asked the local LFS for a price on standard Marineland 75g and also Marineland Corner-flo black. If I did the non reef ready standard tank, I would use Modular Marine overflow

I will make a trip to Aquatic. This will be my first visit. Thanks!

Does glass cages still do point shipping, where you can pick a point your near tat they are already shipping to and you pick up and deliver the rest of the way? Could be an option if they do, havent used them in a very long time lol

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I would definitely get this! Not sure if you want rimless.

Used tanks are a caution signal with me. Can't tell if the black rim was removed from the top and how long has this been outside (note the dirt pile inside tank. I am going to order a tank from AO and get the MM overflow.

Nice find!!!! Waiting to hear back from him